• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best Article Written About Failure of John Fox and Coaching Staff

Seltzer

Sorry RB, this thread is now about the validity of the source quoted in the article, not whether the content was correct.

Not about either of those things really. It a bashing article about Fox by a reported NFL executive who is unwilling to say it in public. Big deal. Isn't the first time that has happened. But the article proves nothing, breaks no new ground or tells us anything even the casual huddle poster doesn't already know. So it is no big deal and certainly not a well written article or expose of any sort.

And it won't exactly ramp up any pressure on Fox who is gone already.

So we all knew the above was true before this article? Ok, I can roll with that.

So what, in your opinion P55, does this say about Fox and his staff?

Not much different than most of us have been saying, time to move on.

As for things like not having any hot reads on blitzes, you ought to be looking at Clausen on that on if it was a game he started. I promise you that Jake had them installed last year as did Moore. If there aren't now it is part of dumbing down the playbook for Clausen. That is what happens when you go with a rookie. I am not surprised.

Article is spot on. Probably didn't directly name the sources to avoid getting them fired?

yeah, coaches/front offices don't to go on record saying John Fox is a retard and what he does is pathetic. You can't expect a source to be named.

Not much different than most of us have been saying, time to move on.

As for things like not having any hot reads on blitzes, you ought to be looking at Clausen on that on if it was a game he started. I promise you that Jake had them installed last year as did Moore. If there aren't now it is part of dumbing down the playbook for Clausen. That is what happens when you go with a rookie. I am not surprised.

I wonder how much of that is lack of trust in rookies in general, or lack of trust in Clausen specifically.

Either way fair enough. Truth is we huddlers will probably never know the real answers to the questions we argue so passionately about.

I wonder how much of that is lack of trust in rookies in general, or lack of trust in Clausen specifically.

Either way fair enough. Truth is we huddlers will probably never know the real answers to the questions we argue so passionately about.

It isn't really a Clausen thing but more a rookie thing. We pared down the playbook quite a bit for Moore in 2007 as well. You can't install a whole playbook for a rookie. It is information overload.

Archived