• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Realistically is there a better movie in the history of cinema than Starship Troopers

SmootsDaddy89

What say you?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What say you?

• No
    • Hell no
    • Yes, and I look up to akpantherfan.

I saw that in the theatre when it came out. Totally badass. If there is an actor who can carry a leading role more than Casper Van Dien I dare you to point him out. I would also like to submit Dracula 3000 and Shark Attack as proof.

This is of course does not include Richard Grieco in If Looks Could Kill. The Citizen Kane of my generation.

Well as a Heinlein fan I was bitterly disappointed -at first. Verhoven seemed to make a mockery of Heinleins points, positive and negative, of facism, espirit de corps, etc. And of course the entire premise of the humans and enemies fight was removed - no rocket suits, no Skinnies, all of that. It became hundreds of people shooting M16s carrying unlimited ammo.

As time went on I started to appreciate it for what it was - and as an effects geek, it has a place in my heart for probably being the last big effects movie to not use CGI. The ships were terrific pieces of art. Loved the ultra violence, the propaganda and the editing. Hated everything that skank Denise whateverhenamewas touched. She was gawdawful.

Archived