• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game 1: Bobcats @ Mavericks

HeatCheck

Coming off our first post-season berth in history, we look to make more history Wednesday night by defeating the Dallas Mavericks. Mavericks are the only team that Charlotte has not beat in its 6 years in the league.

Last Year's Head-to-Head:

March 1: Dallas 89, Charlotte 84

December 12: Charlotte 97, Dallas 98

Bobcats Projected Lineup:

PG Augustin

SG Jackson

SF Wallace

PF Diaw

C Mohammed

Mavericks Projected Lineup:

PG Kidd

SG Butler

SF Marion

PF Nowitzki

C Haywood

Wednesday October 27th, 8:30 pm

TV: SPSO

I honestly don't think we are gonna make it back to the playoffs. I don't have much faith in D.J.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Go Cats!!!

If D.J plays like he did in the preseason, we wont miss Felton at all. I say that as a UNC fan.

But if D.J struggles, expect a trade...

With that said, I don't expect the 'Cats to win this game just because of their history against Dallas.

I don't expect a win, but I do expect a close loss.

D.J has surely made me a believer this preseason. The sooner he plays without LB riding his coattails the better.

Captain Jack has looked the usual this preseaon, but I definitely see a more explosive step in his offensive game, especially when he's down-low. Which he was terrible at last season.

Wallace pretty much played the preseason with the lulz. I wouldn't read to much into his crappy stats.

Tyrus looked above average this preseason. His sheer energy, effort, and athletic dominance is going to translate very well into this season.

My breakout player of the year is going to be Derrick Brown. His Preseason play was astounding, his quick hands, athletic ability, and shooting ability is going to form him into a good player in this league. If Larry Brown doesn't work Wallace for 40+ minutes a game like last year he definitely needs to give Brown 20+.

And trade Diaw while he's still worth something. I can't stomach the fact that he's going to be stealing minutes from Tyrus again this year, due to Larry's stubborn ass.

Long story short, while the Bobcats hardly improved in any category this summer (Center position :blargh: ) I can see a repeat of last year if they're to stick with the current roster for the rest of the summer (knowing Larry I highly doubt this)

I'm optimistic for a hard fought game on Wednesday.

Stack Jack tweaked a tendon in his ankle. But he says he'll be "ready" for tomorrow's opener.

Coach Larry Brown said he was “alarmed,” fearing his top scorer from last season had hurt his Achilles’ tendon. Jackson, who rarely sits out a drill, hobbled to the sideline and was later spotted with his ankle elevated and wrapped.

But soon trainer Steve Stricker had good news: Jackson had only a strained tendon in his left ankle.

“It’s getting better now, nothing serious,” Jackson insisted. “I’ll be ready to go” Wednesday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhtDVnshb4m8ux_m2C1PyOe8vLYF?slug=ap-bobcats-startingfast

i think we win tonight. also think we make the playoffs again this year. the one thing we do well is play d & very few teams put forth the effort we do every game. the only teams clearly better than us currently are the heat,celtics,magic,bulls & maybe the bucks& hawks. so we should be in the thick of things in the east. if we get decent play at the point & center position we could surprise alot of people this year.

Coming off our first post-season berth in history, we look to make more history Wednesday night by defeating the Dallas Mavericks. Mavericks are the only team that Charlotte has not beat in its 6 years in the league.

Last Year's Head-to-Head:

March 1: Dallas 89, Charlotte 84

December 12: Charlotte 97, Dallas 98

Bobcats Projected Lineup:

PG Augustin

SG Jackson

SF Wallace

PF Diaw

C Mohammed

Mavericks Projected Lineup:

PG Kidd

SG Butler