• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wade Phillips vs. John Fox

fjblair

The Cowboys "talent" is overrated except Demarcus Ware.

I'd gladly take Romo over Moore. And Austin/Bryant/Williams/Witten are a better squad than Smitty/Gettis/LaFell/Rosario. They have talent. Give them our run game? Yikes.

They just get too much media attention so people expect too much from them. I'd hate that much attention on the Panthers. Lose one game and the world explodes. Sort of like when the Yankees lose.

I'd gladly take Romo over Moore. And Austin/Bryant/Williams/Witten are a better squad than Smitty/Gettis/LaFell/Rosario. They have talent. Give them our run game? Yikes.

They just get too much media attention so people expect too much from them. I'd hate that much attention on the Panthers. Lose one game and the world explodes. Sort of like when the Yankees lose.

Romo isn't in my top 10. Austin is good but inconsistent as hell. Bryant is still a rookie. Witten is a beast no lie. They have talent as does any NFL team but let's not act like it's some team that should be winning super bowls year in year out.

I have always wondered why Phillip's keeps getting HC jobs. He has now proven he sucks 3 times over. At least Fox gets his teams motivated, a little late in the season sometimes, but he does get them going. The only good thing about Phillips being in Dallas this season is he will keep them out of the Superbowl. :lol:

I have always wondered why Phillip's keeps getting HC jobs. He has now proven he sucks 3 times over. At least Fox gets his teams motivated, a little late in the season sometimes, but he does get them going. The only good thing about Phillips being in Dallas this season is he will keep them out of the Superbowl. :lol:

Respect for his dad probably has something to do with it.

And in fairness, he is pretty good as a DC. A guy that's really good as a coordinator has a shot to get at least two chances at a head coaching job.

Wade's on his fourth. You can probably attribute the latest one to Jerry Jones wanting someone he could control as much as anything else.

Down by 18, 8-9 minutes to go and he goes for it on 4th and goal from the 6. With the backup QB who has clearly hit a rough spot. It would have been a big lift for the Cowboys and Kitna if they put points on the board there. It's called momentum Wade.

For lot's of reasons the guy is a dumbass.

BTW I am a Redskin fan, not a crybaby Cowboy homer.

Bum Philips sucks. hes done nothing. Id love for him to keep his job :biggrin:

Bum was his daddy.

And on the topic, Fox is actually a better head coach than Wade. Phillips' teams have never even sniffed the Super Bowl. He has exactly one playoff win on his resume' (the one with the Cowboys) in six postseason trips. And that's with four different teams.

Fox may not be my favorite coach, but objectively speaking, Wade's not in his class by a long shot :nonod:

Good DC? Yeah. But you don't want him as a head coach. He's just not built for it.

He keeps getting head coaching jobs because he can field a super nasty 3-4 D. If an owner thinks that they have enough fire power on O, and need that last little bit on D to push them over the edge, why not?

Don't like him as a HC, but I don't hate him either.

Archived