• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When Jon Fox came to Carolina he wanted to do two things.

Snake

Run the Ball.

Play Physical Defense.

Please tell me how Trgo is a yes man when we played Soft zone and our CBs were a mile from the Receivers the past two years? Thats the Damn exact opposite to Physical Defense right there! This could be the reason why no coaches are getting signed this year..........

Run the Ball.

Play Physical Defense.

Please tell me how Trgo is a yes man when we played Soft zone and our CBs were a mile from the Receivers the past two years? Thats the Damn exact opposite to Physical Defense right there! This could be the reason why no coaches are getting signed this year..........

At this point I place just as much blame on Fox as Turd. If Fox saw something he didn't like, he should have fixed it. He was a DC, he should be able to get the defense he wants played. If Turd wasn't up to it he should have canned him. But, Fox didn't can him and our defense is now middle of the pack or worse (nearly dead last 2nd half of season).

Run the Ball.

Play Physical Defense.

Turning this around, Fox has seen what is happening in game preps, is on the headset to hear the calls, and has to be aware whether or not the D is meeting his expectations. In most people's view, the D has under performed for at least 2 years. Why keep a guy who can't get his staff to do what he wants?

Fox is too conservative to take any chance. So instead of a 20% chance of giving up a big play, he'll go with the 50% chance of giving up smaller play after smaller play and end up giving up a touchdown anyway.

IMO the guy's no better than Jim Fassel as a HC, but in a different way. His conservativeness is unyieldy and limiting his potential to be the best out there.

Fox is too conservative to take any chance. So instead of a 20% chance of giving up a big play, he'll go with the 50% chance of giving up smaller play after smaller play and end up giving up a touchdown anyway.

That was kinda my thinking around mid season....two years ago.:) I'll be suprised if anything changes....I really hate this brand of football but we did go 12-4.

We had Trgo in 03 with Manning mauling wr's at the line of scrimmage playing physical, knowing why that has changed is a good question and everyone's speculation on here is getting old.

it changed because it was Del Rios scheme, Turgo changed it because he wanted to put his on stamp on it; a turd.

Run the Ball.

Play Physical Defense.

Even if Trgo isn't a yes man, do you really think a former defensive coordinator like Fox would allow a scheme he didn't approve of? As you said, they've been running it for a couple years now. If Fox didn't like it then he would have forced changes.

bend but don't break does you know good when you have the strength of a wet noodle.

i fully blame fox and hurney now. any inefficiencies in the defense next year is squarely on their heads.

unless you play an aggressive defense you aren't doing what fox promised he would be doing.

i have no confidence in their ability to correct things on the defense based on what i have seen. i would love for them to prove me wrong. i would love to see us turn into a feared defense that can shut down any offense and i believe that we can be given the right direction and leadership. right now i don't believe we have that.

it changed because it was Del Rios scheme, Turgo changed it because he wanted to put his on stamp on it; a turd.

Hmmm, strong assumption. Someone asked Buck a similar question today on the radio and he said Del Rio's scheme was all zone/cover 2 as compared to Trgo running more man and more blitzing. All of it is attitude, and I am not sure for whatever reason our d-line as whole seems hungry or mean enough to get the job done. Who knows? We definitely don't.

Archived