• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andrew Luck vs. Jimmy Clausen

unicar15

I will say this until draft day. I am very nervous about taking a 2 year starter with the no.1 overall pick.

Not saying that the pick is not the right one, but just saying that I would be nervous.

I read a great study about that, the failure rate is ridiculously high in high picks for QBs. However the since the Stafford draft a few have come out ok despite the lack of experience.

I would be wary as well, however I think it all depends on what kind of system the kids have gone through.

From looking at the highlights of both QBs, their delivery speed are about the same. (Of course my eye isn't the best in judging these kinds of things) Mallett definitely looks like the better pick just on arm strength alone. Now if Mallett had the "Bryan Leftwich wind up" throw, then that would be a different story.

Overall, if we have the number one overall pick next season, if there is a season next season:D , by default we would have to pick a QB with that pick. (The record would speak for itself that Clausen struggled all year, and the new coach would want to choose his guy)

Mallett is Jay Cutler V2.....will throw more interceptions than TD's.

I am not sold on Clausen even though the jury is still out on him, so if we get the chance to draft Stanford QB Andrew Luck i feel we would be foolish not to select him.

The odds are we will probably not be able to draft a QB rated as highly as Luck for some time,maybe never,so i suggest we take him with our # 1 pick if he's available.

With our available cap money we can obtain free agents,or else use our other picks to filll the glaring holes on the team.

Luck is legit as it gets. I watch the PAC-10 out here as well as the SEC, Big-10, etc. I'm not a Kiper or nfldraftscout or what have you, but that guy carves up offenses & changes plays just like Manning. I'm not saying he will be Manning in the pros, but he reminds me of him. That's good enough for me. Clausen or no Clausen, if he's there DRAFT HIM

I rember reading the same hype over

Tim Couch 6'4" Hesman Trophy winner The next best Q B coming out of college

or Ryan Leaf 6' 5" Hesiman finalist

man he will turn any N F L team around the next Joe Montano

or

Rick Mirer

Best Q B in Notre Dame history 6'3"

29-7 college record

41 TD 's in college

or

Joey Harrington 6'4"

25-3 record

A can't miss pro QB

Heck Panthers could do like the Lions did with WR

Panthers could draft a QB with first pick for next 3-4 years

Or

they could wait and develop what they have

Brett Favre

John Unitas

Steve Young

Aaron Rodgers

Tom Brady

Kurt Warner

Drew Brees

All were not instant "Stars "

This is such fuging brilliance, I can barely stand it! You people are fuging geniuses, all of you, fuging geniuses.

What the fug are you people thinking about? Have you all gone fuging retarded? Yes, just about all of you have.

Lets draft Luck #1!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

So that way, the Panthers will once again have 3 inexperienced QB's on the roster. Because everyone knows that one of the things that is NOT killing this team right now is NOT having a veteran QB to help bring along our young guys. So lets just add another young QB. Especially one that has only been a two year starter in a suspect conference and will command a $60,000,000 payday before he steps foot on an NFL field.

I love it, just fuging love it. Great job guys you should use this thread in your resumes that you guys send out to NFL franchises hoping to become GM's.

the one area both owners and players agree on is a rookie salary cap so that is likely to be instituted, meaning he shouldn't command top dollar by today's standards

further, if you draft luck you probably cut ties with either pike or clausen depending on who shows what going further. you then bring in an older veteran with a lot of experience to help out, who knows and is okay with being a backup and a teaching sort.

You don't pass on Luck just because you're afraid of his paycheck or the possibility of lack of experience at the QB spot.

Archived