• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andrew Luck vs. Jimmy Clausen

unicar15

This is such f**king brilliance, I can barely stand it! You people are f**king geniuses, all of you, f**king geniuses.

What the f**k are you people thinking about? Have you all gone f**king retarded? Yes, just about all of you have.

Lets draft Luck #1!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

So that way, the Panthers will once again have 3 inexperienced QB's on the roster. Because everyone knows that one of the things that is NOT killing this team right now is NOT having a veteran QB to help bring along our young guys. So lets just add another young QB. Especially one that has only been a two year starter in a suspect conference and will command a $60,000,000 payday before he steps foot on an NFL field.

I love it, just f**king love it. Great job guys you should use this thread in your resumes that you guys send out to NFL franchises hoping to become GM's.

lol over react much? decaf, dude.

most are saying to trade off clausen and go out and get a vet QB brought in to help on the sidelines.

also, rookie cap is likely to be part of the new CBA. that should be the easiest part to figure out as both vet players and owners want it. luck won't be getting that money, and even if he does...wouldn't a ring or two be worth it? we stand a much better chance of getting one with him than clausen.

the one area both owners and players agree on is a rookie salary cap so that is likely to be instituted, meaning he shouldn't command top dollar.

further, if you draft luck you probably cut ties with either pike or clausen depending on who shows what going further. you then bring in an older veteran with a lot of experience to help out, who knows and is okay with being a backup and a teaching sort.

You don't pass on Luck just because you're afraid of his paycheck or the possibility of lack of experience at the QB spot.

people seem to forget that NO movement has been made on the cba and might not be get done before the draft. if that is the case then alot of underclassmen may opt to stay in school since they won't lose any money

Yes. Once Clausen has a year of experience under his belt, he's going to be fine. His f**ked up delivery, long wind-up, average arm, happy feet, tendency to panic and ball trajectory that averages about 1/8th of an inch over the Center's helmet will go away and he'll be an awesome project. And if he doesn't, no worries! We'll just try to lean on some average, journeyman QB and hope to God he's young Jake reincarnated.

F**k you, possible franchise QB. What if Clausen turns out good and we have two promising quarterbacks on roster? Total no win situation. We'll reach for an interior offensive lineman, thanks.

Yes. Once Clausen has a year of experience under his belt, he's going to be fine. His f**ked up delivery, long wind-up, average arm, happy feet, tendency to panic and ball trajectory that averages about 1/8th of an inch over the Center's helmet will go away and he'll be an awesome project. And if he doesn't, no worries! We'll just try to lean on some average, journeyman QB and hope to God he's young Jake reincarnated.

F**k you, possible franchise QB. What if Clausen turns out good and we have two promising quarterbacks on roster? Total no win situation. We'll reach for an interior offensive lineman, thanks.

If Clausen turns out good, trade him like Matt Schaub.

Luck a 2 year college QB has a lot of you with hard on's

There is a long list of F A I L E D college QB's that acheived more in college than LUCK ever will

But its nice to dream

There's a long list of failed [every fuging football position here] that achieved more in college than [insert favorite nfl player here].

We totally shouldn't draft.

Originally Posted by House

This is such f**king brilliance, I can barely stand it! You people are f**king geniuses, all of you, f**king geniuses.

What the f**k are you people thinking about? Have you all gone f**king retarded? Yes, just about all of you have.

Lets draft Luck #1!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

So that way, the Panthers will once again have 3 inexperienced QB's on the roster. Because everyone knows that one of the things that is NOT killing this team right now is NOT having a veteran QB to help bring along our young guys. So lets just add another young QB. Especially one that has only been a two year starter in a suspect conference and will command a $60,000,000 payday before he steps foot on an NFL field.

I love it, just f**king love it. Great job guys you should use this thread in your resumes that you guys send out to NFL franchises hoping to become GM's.

GdX42.jpg

most are saying to trade off clausen and go out and get a vet QB brought in to help on the sidelines.

also, rookie cap is likely to be part of the new CBA. that should be the easiest part to figure out as both vet players and owners want it. luck won't be getting that money, and even if he does...wouldn't a ring or two be worth it? we stand a much better chance of getting one with him than clausen.

Exactly.

Why are you saying no movement has been done? Last I heard the CBA might get done soon according to Kraft, who has quite a bit of pull in that regard I think.

has any credible news source reported this? i hope kraft is right & it happens sooner rather than later. but all i hear about is teams voting to deceritify their union status(atleast 4 or 5 so far) in a effort to keep owners from locking them out(doesn't sound like progress to me)

I think that it is idiotic in the utmost to think that Luck is going to fix anything with this team. Also giving away Clausen before he has ever had a chance to prove anything is also stupidity in one of its highest forms.

Also to believe that we stand a better chance of winning a SB with a player that has never taken a snap in the NFL is crazy. No one could even honestly tell right now whether Jimmy is going to be good or not. This is the whole "no one is more loved than the backup QB" but only with a college QB.

Luck a 2 year college QB has a lot of you with hard on's

There is a long list of F A I L E D college QB's that acheived more in college than LUCK ever will

But its nice to dream

Now did those QBs actually have skills that translated to the next level, like Luck has in abundance, or are you speaking of any number of Texas Tech or Florida system QBs that no one expected to do much in the pros anyway?

Also, there's nothin that says we HAVE to get rid of Clausen if we draft a qb. They could draft Luck, sign a vet, and practice squad Pike. Then if Luck is the real deal and Clausen shows promise in the next few preseasons, or filling in due to injury, he will be a valuable piece of trade bait, like Schaub.

Archived