• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andrew Luck vs. Jimmy Clausen

unicar15

I don't personally think any realistic team takes a QB with their top pick two drafts in a row, unless the first one died before the following draft. I will say what I always do, I have no idea how anyone can watch this season and think we weren't young enough in the passing game.

I been watching game footage on Luck so that I could develop an opinion on him. Holly crap! Call it hype if you want this kid is really smart. It honestly looks like he is playing on a level higher than every one else. If you watch him play you will see what I mean.

Like it or not every other team in our division has a franchise QB. As of right now playing a rookie WR at QB is starting to look like a viable option for us. Clausen hasn't even proven the ability to be mediocre. For the record Mallet looks decent. I never liked Locker. If we get a shot at a Healthy Luck we would be crazy not to pick him up.

We need a Franchise QB. screw all this wait and see if so and so develops. Spend the other 9 picks on linemen and let em all battle it out in camp for all I care.

Weren't we high on Locker just before that!?

The real question is what we do if Luck doesn't come out!

That solves the problem for you IF Luck comes out you take him no brainer, but if not then i think you stick with and try to develop Clausen, and then take AJ Green or trade down for multiple picks!

I don't personally think any realistic team takes a QB with their top pick two drafts in a row, unless the first one died before the following draft. I will say what I always do, I have no idea how anyone can watch this season and think we weren't young enough in the passing game.

I'd normally agree, but we're also going to be going through regime change here. New coach may not think Clausen is the guy. And unlike Yasinskas, I don't agree that being able to develop Clausen is necessarily a condition for getting the head coaching job.

And yeah, Clausen was our top pick, but still a second rounder with a second round contract. I could see him being traded to a WCO team for whatever they could get.

Realistically though, that scenario's still a little far out, but I'd say the chances of it happening go way up if Jim Harbaugh gets the job. If it's one of the other guys (Grimm, Zimmer, Frazier, etc) then I wouldn't bet on it as much.

Hidden

I'd normally agree, but we're also going to be going through regime change here. New coach may not think Clausen is the guy. And unlike Yasinskas, I don't agree that being able to develop Clausen is necessarily a condition for getting the head coaching job.

And yeah, Clausen was our top pick, but still a second rounder with a second round contract. I could see him being traded to a WCO team for whatever they could get.

Realistically though, that scenario's still a little far out, but I'd say the chances of it happening go way up if Jim Harbaugh gets the job. If it's one of the other guys (Grimm, Zimmer, Frazier, etc) then I wouldn't bet on it as much.

While Luck has a lot of potential to be a very good NFL QB, IF Hurney is still the GM, then the magic phrase to become the new HC could be "I can make Jimmy a great QB" (pattY).

Archived