• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fox Doesn't Blame Kasay For Loss. I Sure Do.

chknwing

Every other player on the team is responsible for their actions, except Kasay? What a bunch of BS. Just because Kasay is a 20 year vet and has done alot of great things for this team, doesn't make him exempt from critique. Not to mention the fact that he basically uses 2 roster spots on this team. He missed 2 FG's in this game and Carolina lost by less than 6 points. It is 100% his fault.

If he doesn't make those two previous FG then we are not in a situation to kick a game-winning FG.

Also, if he misses in week 16 in New Orleans in 2008 than we are on the road for the playoffs

It's also 100 percent his fault that Peyton Hillis ran over the defense for 3 TDs and a 130 yards and that Eric Norwood ran into the punter that gave the Browns the ball back to allow them to burn more clock.

It's also 100 percent his fault that Jimmy threw the fourth quarter pick that forced us to burn 3 timeouts on defense to get the ball back. It's also John's fault that their punter downed the ball on the four yard line.

Jeez.

Who gives a damn at this point? We win, I'm thrilled beyond belief but it means we're 2-9 and it could've cost us the top pick in the draft since BUF lost. May as well go 1-15, and have Fox's career record exactly .500 here. 2-14 guarantees a winning career for Fox here. Not gonna happen under the players' watch!

All I'm saying is every other team holds their FG kicker accountable for missed FG's especially Game winning FG's. Why should Carolina be any different.

If you know anything about Fox, he is not going to throw any players under the bus publicly (with the exception of Moose after the ATL game in 03) or blame one single player. There were 46 other guys out there (not 53, there were inactives) and John has won and kept us in more games than I can begin to recall.

To put 100 percent of the blame on him is, frankly, stupid and misguided.

not true, in the past, Fox would say I dont put all the blame on Clausen, or Moore or whomever had a bad game that day he said the team played bad. But he didnt do that with Kasay he just flat out said it wasn't his fault, like hes above the team. Thats the part I dont like.

not true, in the past, Fox would say I dont put all the blame on Clausen, or Moore or whomever had a bad game that day he said the team played bad. But he didnt do that with Kasay he just flat out said it wasn't his fault, like hes above the team. Thats the part I dont like.

you are totally missing the point. He is not above the team. Fox was saying it is a team game and it was not 100 percent his fault that we lost, and it is not. Dude, get a grip.

It is Kasay's fault we lost, plain and simple.

Had the kick gone in, we'd have won. Nobody can argue that point.

Regardless, it didn't, Kasay is a great kicker and deserves the benefit of the doubt.

So really the debate is do you think he deserves the benefit of the doubt or not. After all he's done for this franchise I say he does.

Also, these are the kind of things that happen to 1 and 2 win teams FWIW.

Archived