• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Edwards at QB? Don't hold your breath!

Brokenbad

The Panthers selected Edwards in the third round of the 2010 NFL Draft, as a wide receiver. But as Carolina has struggled offensively, Edwards supporters continue calling for an expanded version of the "Mountaineer," -- the Panthers' version of the "Wildcat" package -- that the team used for two plays two months ago.

"Every now and then we'll rep it, see how it looks," Edwards said. "But I'm full-time at receiver."

Edwards understands that his future with the Panthers – aside from perhaps a gimmick play here and there -- lies at receiver. So even if some of his fans don't understand, those around him understand why he's not yet in the mix on game day.

From the Panthers website :(

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-1/Edwards-works-waits/d7cd2ae1-dbae-4d86-b493-9159db94b3bd

Yeah in a worthless throw away season such as this one the "brilliant minds" in charge are even too stupid to look at him as a possible QB. Im no AE bandwagoner and could care less about App. State but it totally makes no sense at all to not at even try this guy out at QB in such a wasted throw away season. Oh wait i forgot he is too short to play quarterback in the NFL isnt he (Vick, Brees)! Bunch of closed minded stupid *** bags run this organization and always will. Its small reasons like this, like reasons such as not putting the Panther in the center of the field, not wanting too many rowdy fans and making sure of it by having that stupid 800 number to report them, and having retarded ushers who tell you to sit down on 3rd down that will keep this franchise from ever getting to a superbowl again i fear.

3i94e55fi7.gif

nah i just saw the pic and thought it was funny so i figured i would share it here since most of the posters here are smart mouthed pricks and everyone is an ass anyhow. But yeah if you smoke the beef tube its okay with me man. Im not judging you at all.

In retort of your statement regarding AE if he was an NFL ready QB the current coaching staff would be too damn stupid to even be aware of it.

nah i just saw the pic and thought it was funny so i figured i would share it here since most of the posters here are smart mouthed pricks and everyone is an ass anyhow. But yeah if you smoke the beef tube its okay with me man. Im not judging you at all.

In retort of your statement regarding AE if he was an NFL ready QB the current coaching staff would be too damn stupid to even be aware of it.

Fantastic.

I don't doubt that's true, but I don't really see how it matters anyway. If we hadn't drafted Rudy, I could see people wanting to see what Armanti has and playing him, but at this point you have to give all the time to Clausen and see if he has anything at all.

Fantastic.

I don't doubt that's true, but I don't really see how it matters anyway. If we hadn't drafted Rudy, I could see people wanting to see what Armanti has and playing him, but at this point you have to give all the time to Clausen and see if he has anything at all.

I do agree that it would be nice to properly evaluate Clausen before closing the book on him so i cant argue there.

I do agree that it would be nice to properly evaluate Clausen before closing the book on him so i cant argue there.

That's all I'm saying. We should give Clausen the reps and see if he develops at all in the course of this year (which I think he has to a small extent). If we hadn't drafted him, hell yeah throw Edwards back there and just get weird with it.

I was hoping this was the case. Please Armanti, show up to camp next summer at 6'2". Thanks!

no, not his height. His legs and arms just look very scrawny, his calf is the size of my forearm. He needs to gain 15 lbs or so but he was the fastest guy on the field when he came on so I'm expecting him to be in some slot packages next year. Thats probably why he doesnt do returns as well, easy to get hurt

Im having trouble understanding why this is still a question. Look him up on the Roster. He is listed as a WIDE RECEIVER. We didn't draft 3 QBs, we drated 3 WIDE RECEIVERS!!!

but ignore that continue to bring this up folks...carry on.

anyone who thinks he will ever be a nfl qb is ignorant so i dont even address stuff like that

It cracks me up when people think the Panthers would sit around and let some incredible QB talent just waste away. I mean for heaven's sake, they brought in this St. Pierre dude for a temp. contract. Don't you feel that they would give AE a look if they thought it would work out? At this point all the Panthers are doing is trying to evaluate what we have in Clausen. Why derail that at all with any throughts of AE playing QB? Granted, it would be entertaining, but would not help us determine if Clausen is the future.

Let's be honest, AE looks scared to death when he catches the ball. Do you really think he would all of a sudden get all of this confidence at QB when 11 of the biggest people you have ever seen in your life are all coming at him????

Archived