• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets assistant coach is dirty and should be fired

King Taharqa

There are loads of dirty players on the field at any given time. They don't get banned. I wouldn't bet on this guy getting it either, though I could see a suspension and/or a massive fine.

Ironic as all get out tonight listening to Rodney Harrison comment on that being a dirty move. Rodney's an expert on dirty moves :sosp:

A player playing "dirty" on the field while he is in play is one thing. A coach physically interfering with an opposing player is completely another - that is the "uncrossable line" for a coach.

Sal Alosi crossed that line when he intentionally stuck his leg out and tripped Nolan Carroll.

Let alone the potential for injury here... just the fact that, as a coach, he physically attempted to affect the outcome of a play is reason enough to keep him away from the game for good. If he gets away with only a fine and a suspension, then what kind of message does that send to other coaches, or even players not in play on the sidelines?

The League needs to send a message that no coach should ever cross that line again and ban this guy.

A player playing "dirty" on the field while he is in play is one thing. A coach physically interfering with an opposing player is completely another - that is the "uncrossable line" for a coach.

Sal Alosi crossed that line when he intentionally stuck his leg out and tripped Nolan Carroll.

Let alone the potential for injury here... just the fact that, as a coach, he physically attempted to affect the outcome of a play is reason enough to keep him away from the game for good. If he gets away with only a fine and a suspension, then what kind of message does that send to other coaches, or even players not in play on the sidelines?

The League needs to send a message that no coach should ever cross that line again and ban this guy.

I'm not really arguing what they should do. Talking more about what I think they will.

I recall some years back, there was a very contentious game that ended on an interception taken back for a TD. The player who caught the interception was running down the losing team's sideline on the return, taunting them as he ran. The angry opposing coach took a step toward him and drew his fist back, but then thought better of it and backed off.

Anyone else remember that game? If so, can you name the teams and coach in question? :sosp:

That would be one Bill Cowher, and the opponent was Jacksonville.

sadly, there was no flag thrown, so what happens if the jet returner takes it to the house on that left sideline!? it could've effected not only that play, but the entire game.....look at the score, it was a battle, there was no offense, any little thing could've made a difference, including the jets having a 12th man....and a fuging chump in sweats on the sideline taking out a gunner is a fuging disgrace

In my opinion it was dirty, but not blatant dirty. It looked like it surprised the guy that he was coming so far out of bounds and he was pissed that his team was laying such an egg and just decided not to get out of the way. It's not like he stuck his knee in the field of play guys.

In my opinion it was dirty, but not blatant dirty. It looked like it surprised the guy that he was coming so far out of bounds and he was pissed that his team was laying such an egg and just decided not to get out of the way. It's not like he stuck his knee in the field of play guys.

no he did not decide no to get out of the way. You can see he knee extend. He tripped him. no class at all. Hes lucky none of his teammates caught that or else he would have gotten his ass kicked.

he stuck his leg forward... why does it matter if it was in the field of play or after a gunner was forced out of bounds? dirty either way imo... almost more so out of bounds, since a player isn't expecting to be hit out of bounds.

hell, it woulda been funnier if he had at least taken off and tackled the guy while he was in bounds, and less likely to have actually hurt the gunner.

Archived