• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official 2011 Carolina Panthers Free Agency Thread

The Saltman

Speculation that Rivera will push for Panthers to go after Burnett and Stephen Cooper. Burnett thrived once he moved to San Diego - started all 16 games this season, 6 sacks, 2 INTS, 2 FF @ ILB. Not sure how he would fit - perhaps only if TD or Anderson weren't resigned.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/jan/13/chargers-positon-position-status-report/#

Marcus Spears will also be a FA, according to Walterfootball.com, he's a big guy at 6'4, 311. Plays DE in Dallas' 3-4, but can play DT for us. This is what walterfootball says

When motivated, Marcus Spears is a force against the run. He offers no pass rush, however.
That's fine with me. He's 28, coming off a season ending injury.

Saints may drop Devery Henderson for salary reasons.

I wonder how many folks who screamed about us not going for TJ Houshmandzadeh amd Anquan Boldin watched them blow it today.

Yea, I'd rather go 2-14 than blow it in the playoffs. :)

I'd rather have two young guys that project well for the future than two overpaid, overrated old guys who failed at crucial moments.

Well one is on a one year contract I believe, and Boldin was on his last year, the Ravens could have rode both them just for this year, which would have been smart to me.

Well one is on a one year contract I believe, and Boldin was on his last year, the Ravens could have rode both them just for this year, which would have been smart to me.

One year rental smarter than having guys for several years to come?

Gettis and LaFell both outperformed Houshandzadeh on the year and they likely make less than him combined.

Archived