• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moore wants to stay a Panther

MurkN

You know that poster, over in that other thread, that called a lot of people on this board out for being pathetic? You know, he said how this team is a joke and that we've become so used to losing that we'll be happy with anything? OH! The Armanti thread! That's where it was! People were actually looking for light in Armanti, lol. Same thing goes here, people. Moore is not the answer for the future of this team. Better learn that right now, as you read this line.

You know that poster, over in that other thread, that called a lot of people on this board out for being pathetic? You know, he said how this team is a joke and that we've become so used to losing that we'll be happy with anything? OH! The Armanti thread! That's where it was! People were actually looking for light in Armanti, lol. Same thing goes here, people. Moore is not the answer for the future of this team. Better learn that right now, as you read this line.

Keeping Moore on the team has nothing to do with him being the "future of the franchise" or anything.

He is, if nothing else, an EXCELLENT backup. We have seen multiple times that he is able to come in for short stretches and do quite well, even if he appears unable to carry the load on a terribad team (who could?).

If you want to bank on a young guy, have a decent backup, and have a trusted veteran to guide them, can you really do any better than Luck/Moore/Veteran to be decided? (out of those out there, that is - obviously you could do better but we won't be able to easily pick and choose between ANYONE)

I was a huge Clausen guy, and while I am near positive he stays here, I'd rather have Luck/Moore/vet than Luck/Clausen/Vet, personally.

Wow, talk about toting the company line. I like the guy, so don't get me wrong, but when exactly have they been great to you? When the coaches benched you in favor of a craptastic rookie? Or when the fans who are clueless booed you, Matt?

At this point, bring him back for at least TC, let him, Luck, Vet, and Pickles battle it out, and see who wins. Nothing wrong with that.

I disagree and can understand why he would feel they were good to him. At least they gave him a chance even though he was another undrafted QB that not many people gave a real chance to succeed. He got a chance here, and if I was in his situation, I would be grateful for that.

I think we should give him a low one or two year deal. When and if we draft luck I would like to see a good QB coach and a Good OC with Moore. I think he would def be able to manage a game for us if nothing else. Can anyone say that about Clausen? I dont think so...

Keeping Moore on the team has nothing to do with him being the "future of the franchise" or anything.

He is, if nothing else, an EXCELLENT backup. We have seen multiple times that he is able to come in for short stretches and do quite well, even if he appears unable to carry the load on a terribad team (who could?).

If you want to bank on a young guy, have a decent backup, and have a trusted veteran to guide them, can you really do any better than Luck/Moore/Veteran to be decided? (out of those out there, that is - obviously you could do better but we won't be able to easily pick and choose between ANYONE)

I was a huge Clausen guy, and while I am near positive he stays here, I'd rather have Luck/Moore/vet than Luck/Clausen/Vet, personally.

Luck/Moore/vet. Think about how great that sounds compared to what we have right now haha. Clausen/BSP/Null. :smilielol5:

On another not, I haven't given up on Clausen yet. I want Luck, but still think Jimmy could turn out to be a good QB. The biggest thing I think that would hold him back is he seems to lack the leadership skills that a truly great QB usually needs.

Edit: and that's something Jimmy has to do himself. You can't teach someone how to be leader.

Luck/Moore/vet. Think about how great that sounds compared to what we have right now haha. Clausen/BSP/Null. :smilielol5:

On another not, I haven't given up on Clausen yet. I want Luck, but still think Jimmy could turn out to be a good QB. The biggest thing I think that would hold him back is he seems to lack the leadership skills that a truly great QB usually needs.

Edit: and that's something Jimmy has to do himself. You can't teach someone how to be leader.

I haven't given up on Clausen either, I just think Moore is a better option as backup all things being equal.

The reality, though, is that all things are not equal, and Clausen is more likely to be kept at this point than Moore. But if Clausen continues to blow, I don't even know anymore. It's too bad he isn't eligible for the practice squad, lol.

Give it a minute. The worse we look (Jimmy looks), the more talk about Moore signing takes place, the more giddy some people will get. It'll be like this past Summer all over again as they remind us how he finished that 2009 season.

Archived