• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Press Conference Response Thread

chknwing

For certain he made clear what most assumed-that Fox was incapable or too stubborn to develop young players. Put all the pieces in place and Fox can win some games but you have to build teams with young talent. Ask the Redskins how paying for experience is working out.

What a load. The success of the franchise is in the hands of a sophomore college QB? Spare me the drama. This is a great coaching opportunity Luck or not.

Do you honestly think that any coach can win with Jimmy Clausen at the helm? You can't be serious? A coaches success hinges on the quality of his QB, period. You can spin it anyway you want but without a QB this team is not any more appealing than Denver or SF. You can say we have tallent, and we do, but without a good QB we are floundring in mediocrity. No "good" coach wants to take on that assignment becasue he will know that it's a no win situation.

No, I totally agree. But let's not confuse that with the "defense wins championships" spiel that The Real Deal was talking about. He's trying to simply a winning formula when it's just not that easy. He doesn't like stats because they don't support his argument.

Actually my stats do back that up...please look at other threads. Some of the top 10 offenses can't sniff the playoffs. About 80% of the top defenses were in the playoffs. Also, I'm sure we have different definitions of "elite" so please refer to that thread as well. Eli and Matty "Ice" = not elite for example.

Don't put spaces in my name next time either.

Harbaugh is the best HC prospect to come down the pike in a long time. Not even talking to him just because he's not an NFL assistant is stubborn and stupid. Reminds me of what we've seen a lot of over the last several seasons under Fox, and the reason he was 'fired.' JR needs to look in the mirror if this is how he truly feels.

Hmm. Kinda short. Not really telling of much except that JR really didn't know who Jim Harbaugh was. Oh, and he either has the best poker face ever, or his expression of enthusiasm is, well... unenthusiastic.
I agree on all accounts especially regarding JR's "anti-enthusiastic" enthusiasm.

Do you honestly think that any coach can win with Jimmy Clausen at the helm? You can't be serious? A coaches success hinges on the quality of his QB, period. You can spin it anyway you want but without a QB this team is not any more appealing than Denver or SF. You can say we have tallent, and we do, but without a good QB we are floundring in mediocrity. No "good" coach wants to take on that assignment becasue he will know that it's a no win situation.

Clausen is a dud. I was simply saying the future is not based solely on drafting Luck. There are many viable QB scenarios for Carolina.

Archived