• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offensive Coordinators

The Saltman

I really hope Rob Chudzinski gets the job. He runs a very balanced offense. Not just saying this because that is what Ron Rivera said during his Press Conf.- When he was with the browns as their Off. Cord. he ran a very balanced offense. Dereck A. had 29 touchdown passes and Jamal Lewis had 1,300 yrds rushing with 9 touchdowns. Kellen Winslow and Braylon Edwards both had over 1000 yards rec.- The thing I look at though is that how will Deangelo ( If we resign him ) and J. Stew are going to split Carries in a Balanced offense. The past few years the panthers have Ran the ball on 1st and 2nd a good percent of the time. Now on second the pass option will be there. I just dont see how Dwill and J stew will be able to get a enough carries without being a run first offense. The way the cheifs ran the ball this year it reminded me of our 2008 season. They ran the ball. I Believe we will soon go to a main running back offense and trade dwill. J stew when healthy is as good as any runningback in the league. We could attempt to trade a back for a TE. But I more for getting one in FA or the draft. I just want too be good again.

If Rob Chudzinski becomes our next OC, Here is some info you may want to know:

In 2001, his Miami Hurricane offense set a school record for scoring with 475 points in the regular season scoring at least 33 points in 10 of 12 games.

In 2002 his Miami Hurricane offense again set new school records for points with 527, total yards with 6,074 and rushing touchdowns with 33.

In 2007 his Cleveland Browns offense ranked eighth in the NFL in scoring and total yards as Cleveland compiled a 10-6 record.

2008 his offense went in the tank and then he was shipped off.

It doesn't seem like many remember that the year Chud's Cleveland offense went in the tank Anderson was injured most of the season, playing in only a handful of games and playing hurt in others.

It's not like they just fell off the face of the Earth, there was a reason for the dropoff. There were other factors as well, but any time your starting QB is in and out of the lineup due to injuries, you're probably going to have a tough time of it.

McDaniels has to be the hottest (no homo) OC on the market right now. I'd love to have him here, but there hasn't been any mention of it. I'm guessing his $$ requirements would be a little too pricey for our pockets. I just thought that OC was supposed to be where the "flashy" name came from Hurney, and McDaniels would fit the bill on that.

I seached (Rob Chudzinski) in google and go to news to get the latest info on where he is going. And about an hour ago a Miami article said that Chudzinski was the front-runner for their OC opening. They felt that they had the edge because Miami is where Chud coached and played. But its kinda hard for me to think he would accept a job while he is in the Charlotte. But I hope he gets hired. Just wish that thould Hurry. Im getting bored.

The South Florida Sun-Sentinel's Omar Kelly is "hearing" that Chargers TEs coach Rob Chudzinski is the front-runner to fill the Dolphins' offensive coordinator vacancy.

The Fins appear to prefer Chudzinski to Brad Childress, who is expected to interview for the job at some point. The Panthers also want Chudzinski, but the Dolphins may have a built-in edge in that he is particularly familiar with South Beach. Chud coached tight ends at "The U" from 1996 until 2000.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1314

Archived