• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Luck doesnt declare, why keep the #1 pick?

tattoorhino

Yep...hard to argue otherwise. Geez I'd hate picking a WR w/ 1st overall. So much talent out there. Floyd - ND, and others.

Dream scenario would be to formulate a trade with Detroit to get a pick out of them for Steve Smith and maybe a linebacker or running back.

Not acting on Dwill worries me on our abilities to do much in the future.

only problem is with going ahead and selecting #1 if Luck doesnt declare is we dont get to pick again until round 3. so you'll miss all the 2nd tier QB and DT prospects.

I think you have to go ahead and make an effort to trade down and stockpile picks, we need help everywhere. But, if Luck declares, you take him without hesitation, no trading if he's on the board.

The only way we don't pick first is if Luck comes out but refuses to play for the Panthers, and Denver gives us an extra pick or player to swap.

Like a 3rd and next years 1st and Champ to swap from 1 to 2 and our 4th.

Even that is soooooo far fetched that I call it impossible.

Face it, if Luck stays we are fuged.

If he doesn't declare, why not let the time expire on the clock. Let Denver make that first pick. Hell maybe, even let it expire after Buffalo picks too. Then pick up AJ Green with the 3rd pick. We save money that way.

Wait..... Would that work? Seems childish.... but i'm in

only problem is with going ahead and selecting #1 if Luck doesnt declare is we dont get to pick again until round 3. so you'll miss all the 2nd tier QB and DT prospects.

I think you have to go ahead and make an effort to trade down and stockpile picks, we need help everywhere. But, if Luck declares, you take him without hesitation, no trading if he's on the board.

Without Luck in this draft, no one will give up anything material to move up.

Archived