• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Fairley=Sapp & Green=Andre J who then??

trucpfan

There has been some valid points, but you have chosen to ignore them. Great teams are built inside out! Your correct this is a team sport but there are certain positions that can individually effect the outcome of a game, and DT is one of those positions. WR not so much, because they are dependent upon the QB to get them the ball.

am I really ignoring them?

did you ignore the point I made about having an already good defense? did you ignore that our last place offense single handedly killed our already good defense? did you ignore that our already good defense now has one of the best defensive minds in the league to coach them? did you ignore the point I made about picking up a proven DT in FA? did you ignore the point I made that if we get Orton, that changes the sorry excuse of "not having a qb to throw to our wr"?

I've read all the points... it seems you are ignoring the easy solutions to the points you all are raising.. ;)

(yes, I know Orton requires a draft pick and we may not be able to get him.. but that doesn't mean it's not possible or that the FO can't make this happen before the draft.. since you know, we are talking about this how long before the draft?)

Between Fairley and Green there isn't a bad choice. Still I would think that between the two I would go with Fairley. Guys like him are rarer than wide receivers who have some very good ones coming out every year.

I am leaning toward Failey but for this thread keep in mind there are good recievers often but I mean elite like he is being compared to.

In this thread I would go with Fairly. I would love to see a defense like we had back in the day...blowing up QB's and crushing RB's. But I think everyone is missing the fact that the o-line needs some help. Otah hurt our offense last year by not being there. It hurt our running game and pass protection. No need for a WR you can't get the ball to.

Which is true we need help among the line Otah should be back healthy which is a major plus and elite recievers seem to be open when they're covered it is a lot easier to get the ball to a elite reciever jump balls are won by the man with a great vertical. Or Johnson's blazing speed allows him to just fly by someone down the sideline and track balls we wouldn't of thought he should of caught. And based on our CURRENT TEAM which would help out more I can't decide so I'm really just pondering who if both are elite.

I'm just looking for a good discussion, which seems few and far between on this forum. I'd like to hear reasons that are comparable to our situation, not "defense wins championshipz!!!!11! You win in the trenches!!!11! DTs make impactzz every plays!!!11!"

all are true.. none point to why we must have Fairely over a FA prospect...

DON'T YOU REALIZE HOW FRUSTRATING IT WOULD BE TO WATCH JIMMY CLAUSSEN THROW THE BALL AWAY WITH BOTH AJ GREEN AND SMITTY ON THE FIELD?!?!

Give me Fairley so I don't break my TV or hurt someone

Now that I can agree on, hilarious straight hilarious.

DON'T YOU REALIZE HOW FRUSTRATING IT WOULD BE TO WATCH JIMMY CLAUSSEN THROW THE BALL AWAY WITH BOTH AJ GREEN AND SMITTY ON THE FIELD?!?!

Give me Fairley so I don't break my TV or hurt someone

Just hurt yourself and then it won't be a problem.

A.J. Green!

YEAH!!

I'm just looking for a good discussion, which seems few and far between on this forum. I'd like to hear reasons that are comparable to our situation, not "defense wins championshipz!!!!11! You win in the trenches!!!11! DTs make impactzz every plays!!!11!"

all are true.. none point to why we must have Fairely over a FA prospect...

Who are these FA DT's you speak of? Ngata, Seymour, Mebane from Seattle are all very good, but I don't see their respective teams not signing them. Pat Williams is too old, Hovan? nope, Franklin? San Fran gonna franchise him again.

Using your same argument, why not go for a WR FA? Vincent Jackson? How about Braylon Edward? James Jones from GB might be free. People were clamoring for Houshmandzedeh last year hes a FA. Think there are more and arguably better options at WR than DT in the FA market.

I would go Fairley if the choice was between the two for the following reasons.

1) For immediate impact (no doubt Fairley would be starting from Day 1),

2) Smaller learning curve at position

3) Fills and obvious need that we have had for last few year. We have never filled that Chris Jenkins void

4) Not dependent on Clausen throwing to him.

Archived