• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Kelly: possible assistant coach

CanadianCat

PLEASE DONT LET THIS HAPPEN!!

I live in Winnipeg and he was the HC of the local CFL team the Bombers and he was THE WORST HC I HAVE EVER SEEN

He was like a Josh McDanials in a way. was brought in cut all the players he didnt like no matter their skill level and forced his system on the team. When it didnt work he kept on doing it.

Below is part of an article from the Winnipeg Free press when he got fired for beating up his girl friend

Kelly was hired by the Bombers in December 2008 and led the team to a 7-11 record during a tumultuous 2009 season.

Kelly was passionate about his job but had trouble delegating and dealing with the media.

Kelly pushed Brendan Taman out of his player-personnel role and trashed him on his way out the door saying Taman did his job on napkins instead of keeping proper files.

Kelly then traded for unproven quarterback Stefan LeFors and subsequently released veteran Kevin Glenn. LeFors struggled early and an injury ended his season after just three games. The club the found itself with no answers at quarterback and had to sign Michael Bishop in an attempt to salvage the season.

Glenn, who signed with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats would eventually end the Bombers season. He kept the Bombers out of the playoffs by leading the Tiger-Cats to a win over the Bombers at Canad Inns Stadium in the final regular-season game.

Kelly had numerous run-ins with the media and fans, swearing on a post-game show and refusing to take calls from the public on his weekly radio program.

Kelly also butted heads with veteran players Derick Armstrong and Barrin Simpson and there were whispers in the locker room all season about the coach’s integrity.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/Bomber-coach-Kelly-charged-with-assault-79557357.html

Please let this be a joke

Hidden

I just want everyone on here to know that Brandon LaFell is the biggest douche bag on the Panthers. On Twitter he said "Who Dat?" to someone and I responded by saying "a Carolina Panther should never say "Who Dat" and then he tweeted me back and said "Don't get blocked!". I said "Wow you're cocky aren't you. Don't worry I'm unfollowing you right now. Learn how to catch the damn ball!" and he blocked me before I could even unfollow him. I'm not ticked because he blocked me, I'm ticked that this guy is so self-righteous that he feels I'm blessed that I'm able to follow him.

BRANDON LAFELL YOU ARE A DOUCHE BAG!

I just want everyone on here to know that Brandon LaFell is the biggest douche bag on the Panthers. On Twitter he said "Who Dat?" to someone and I responded by saying "a Carolina Panther should never say "Who Dat" and then he tweeted me back and said "Don't get blocked!". I said "Wow you're cocky aren't you. Don't worry I'm unfollowing you right now. Learn how to catch the damn ball!" and he blocked me before I could even unfollow him. I'm not ticked because he blocked me, I'm ticked that this guy is so self-righteous that he feels I'm blessed that I'm able to follow him.

BRANDON LAFELL YOU ARE A DOUCHE BAG!

ok...i neg repped him.

too much whining.

I am a blue bomber fan my whole life. when I heard that mike kelly was even being considered by the panthers, I had to come and warn you guys. DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN! Protest... do what ever you can. He is a cancer. On field, off field, in his own home (wife beater), everywhere this guy goes is destined for ruin. His stats on wiki.. while yes they are true in a round about way, are not the direct result of 'Mr' Mike Kelly. You know the QB that threw for 713 yards that game...Matt Dunigan... well he was trained by Warren Moon... yeah 70k yards warren moon. And since the wiki article can be written by anyone.. .we are all sure it was hand scripted by this freak. It was quite a joke around winnipeg when it surfaced.

All I can say is if your club DOES in fact hire this guy... buy the bags for your head now...

And Zorn would be good in an offensive capacity (former blue bomber QB on the '84 grey cup team.. behind) Tom Clements.. the former '84 grey cup winning QB for the blue bombers.

Archived