• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AJ Green or Nick Fairley

NJPanthers12

our offense was the worst in the league and was the reason that we have the #1 pick and what do we do? spend our big pick on defense? this makes sense how?

Our offense was the worst in the league because our system, play calling and QB play sucked. It had nothing to do with our receivers. Put Green in our offense this past season and he's no more productive than any other wideout we had out there. Fixing the offense will require getting a good OC first, then a veteran QB. Upgrading WR is not the key to fixing our offense, though it would help.

Defensive Tackle is our biggest positional need. No DT we have deserves to be a starter. Half of them shouldn't be in the NFL.

you can get really good DTs in FA this year, btw.

To quote myself..

Who are these FA DT's you speak of? Ngata, Seymour, Mebane from Seattle are all very good, but I don't see their respective teams not signing them. Pat Williams is too old, Hovan? nope, Franklin? San Fran gonna franchise him again.

Using your same argument, why not go for a WR FA? Vincent Jackson? How about Braylon Edward? James Jones from GB might be free. People were clamoring for Houshmandzedeh last year hes a FA. Think there are more and arguably better options at WR than DT in the FA market.

I would go Fairley if the choice was between the two for the following reasons.

1) For immediate impact (no doubt Fairley would be starting from Day 1),

2) Smaller learning curve at position

3) Fills and obvious need that we have had for last few year. We have never filled that Chris Jenkins void

4) Not dependent on Clausen throwing to him.

Also Plaxico Buress is going to be free this year. Just a thought. Lots more legitimate WR FA's than DT.

Voted for Fariley.

There is a legit chance our offense is going to be drastically improved this year with injured players returning and a scheme that doesn't involve jerking off in the corner while you pick plays with your feet (90% of which are draws).

Our DT situation, however, is not going to get better on it's own. You can make a legitimate case for Fairley being the #1 pick on his own merit so it's not like it would be a huge reach even. Serious team need and a top end player without being a reach? Sign me up

Our offense was the worst in the league because our system, play calling and QB play sucked. It had nothing to do with our receivers. Put Green in our offense this past season and he's no more productive than any other wideout we had out there. Fixing the offense will require getting a good OC first, then a veteran QB. Upgrading WR is not the key to fixing our offense, though it would help.

Defensive Tackle is our biggest positional need. No DT we have deserves to be a starter. Half of them shouldn't be in the NFL.

we go to FA to get our DTs.

load the offense with as many studs as possible. smith ain't going to be around forever. might as well get a stud to replace our stud.

in fact this may give us more incentive to trade smith away. work out some way to get back into the 2nd round or trade him for a stud TE.

QB is the biggest positional need, btw. no QB we have should be in the NFL.

you can get really good DTs in FA this year, btw.

First off, I want to say, I am still undecided on this. Both Green and Fairley bring something to the Franchise that will help greatly.

With that said, the free agent DTs this year are poo, or we have no chance of getting. The only one worth poo is Pat Williams, and there's not even any guarantee he's playing next year.

To quote myself..

Also Plaxico Buress is going to be free this year. Just a thought. Lots more legitimate WR FA's than DT.

to quote MYself...

i would actually consider haynesworth an option. i'd be surprised if he's a redskin next year. sure, he's a punk, but he'd be our punk.

theres a few other guys who have contracts up after this year i would like... brandon mebane (seattle), aubrayo franklin (sanfran), cullen jenkins (green bay).

i wouldn't even mind taking a chance on johnny jolly if he's allowed back in the league after this year. i know richardson probably wouldn't hire him, but still worth consideration, imo.

also throw in the name richard seymour.

there will probably be others available as well.

AJ Green is most likely better than any FA WR coming out this year. can't say the same thing about fairley.

we go to FA to get our DTs.

load the offense with as many studs as possible. smith ain't going to be around forever. might as well get a stud to replace our stud.

in fact this may give us more incentive to trade smith away. work out some way to get back into the 2nd round or trade him for a stud TE.

QB is the biggest positional need, btw. no QB we have should be in the NFL.

Sure, but we could address WR in FA as well, though I'm not sure we really need to. Smith/Gettis/Lafell is a solid group. It'd be nice to have another good WR but I don't think it warrants #1 overall. Either way, why draft for a future need with Green when we could draft for a two-season-old need with Fairley?

QB may be a bigger need than DT but in terms of positions we may pick with the #1 pick, DT is far ahead of WR (Green), DE (Bowers) or CB (Peterson).

Archived