• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could Matt Moore still be our guy?

Snake

I think you guys are looking waaaaaaaaay too far into it.

It's just a reason to not want him back.

First their argument was that he can't play in a game with meaning.

Then it was that he can't play in a game with playoffs on the line.

Now he just can't play in a game where he is "the guy" from the beginning.

I think you guys are looking waaaaaaaaay too far into it.

It's just a reason to not want him back.

First their argument was that he can't play in a game with meaning.

Then it was that he can't play in a game with playoffs on the line.

Now he just can't play in a game where he is "the guy" from the beginning.

Well, what other reasonable conclusion can you draw when he tears it up for 5 games at the end of 2009 while filling in for Jake and then craps the bed in the 2010 opener after being named "the guy" in the offseason?

Was it the release of Hoover or Moose that brought him down? What was it exactly?

The pressure to come back and win a game, not to mention coming off the bench to salvage any shot at being an NFL starter again may be on the same level of pressure he had on opening day, albeit different types. This throw is proof that he can get the job done when it matters but doing it once and doing it all the time is what separates the average QBs from the elite ones.

gettis1.gif

Well, what other reasonable conclusion can you draw when he tears it up for 5 games at the end of 2009 while filling in for Jake and then craps the bed in the 2010 opener after being named "the guy" in the offseason?

Was it the release of Hoover or Moose that brought him down? What was it exactly?

He played a bad game. That can't be the answer? It has to be something psychological?

Play calling didn't help him either. 1st and goal from the 4 and we are in shotgun the whole time?

I think from time to time QBs have bad games, they've ALL done it, but since his happened to be in the first game of the season, he's a head case. I think that argument is just very flimsy considering all the other important games he's played in.

the idea Moore had just one bad game this season amuses me, but meh, whatever. It's worthless to argue about it again since we've been over it before.

He was better than Clausen I just dunno how much that is saying at this point.

The idea isn't that he just had one, the idea was that it was just a bad game, nothing more.

Does that make sense? He played a bad game on that day. He happened to play another one later in the season.

My point was why did it have to be anything more than a bad day? Why does he have to have psychological problems? Why do you have to label him a choke? It was just a bad performance.

He's performed well prior with tons of pressure so I think that argument is pretty stupid for not bringing him back, and that's really all they have.

He said that the pressure had gotten to him earlier in the season. I do think reading into that he can't handle pressure is a bit much. It's safe to say, though, that it lead to a bad game in all likelihood... but oh well. Doesn't make him a headcase, just means pressure got to him and he had a bad game. Happens all the time.

His career isn't over, but it might be as a Panther. I think the combination of injury, less than stellar season when he was playing, new coach, no contract in an awkward time, and two other young QBs the Panthers seem to want to keep, will mean that he will probably be looking for work elsewhere. He made some nice throws though, and I really think his deep ball improved the years after his rookie season. He still has a shot here, but I just have this feeling the FO will go in a different direction.

He said that the pressure had gotten to him earlier in the season. I do think reading into that he can't handle pressure is a bit much. It's safe to say, though, that it lead to a bad game in all likelihood... but oh well. Doesn't make him a headcase, just means pressure got to him and he had a bad game. Happens all the time.

His career isn't over, but it might be as a Panther. I think the combination of injury, less than stellar season when he was playing, new coach, no contract in an awkward time, and two other young QBs the Panthers seem to want to keep, will mean that he will probably be looking for work elsewhere. He made some nice throws though, and I really think his deep ball improved the years after his rookie season. He still has a shot here, but I just have this feeling the FO will go in a different direction.

That's an opinion I can respect. I may disagree, but at least it seems thought out and was properly articulated. Have a good weekend.

the idea Moore had just one bad game this season amuses me, but meh, whatever. It's worthless to argue about it again since we've been over it before.

He was better than Clausen I just dunno how much that is saying at this point.

Nobody said he just had one bad game. He has a bad game week 1.

Week 2 he was coming off a concussion and was benched a winnable game that the coach claimed wasn't.......Moore fan or not, Fox's management of the QB has to questioned.

He beat the SF.

He didn't play well against the Rams.

So in Moore's career.....he had two bad games. Hard to count the Cincy one agaisnt him fully w/ so much on Fox. He had a lot more games where he provided solid QB play. That isn't a horrific ratio like a Jimmy Clausen. (and that includes rookie games for Moore).

I don't want Moore to be a Panther. I could tolerate him as a backup. But he is miles better than a Jimmy Clausen. He was in games (career), camp, and practice. Jimmy ain't a NFL QB. Moore is at least a NFL backup.

Archived