• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could Matt Moore still be our guy?

Snake

Plus they will be able to see first hand how his rehab is coming and I think they could get him cheap because he wants to stay there. I'm not sure how the CBA will play into this but I'm sure it will have an impact. The FO won't be sure which FA are available until pretty late so they might not want to risk missing out on them.

Who the f*ck knows.

everything has been discussed ad nauseum.. may be time to start lurking again..

No. To defend someone who is entering their 5th year in the league and has played worse than the likes of a couple rookies last year is dumb.

To say he's a good QB is dumb.

I don't know if he gave you money or something, but the only thing he's proven is that he blows.

LOL riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Lol okay you're right. He doesn't win football games if you don't count that "stupid little string of games" when he had every option available to him whatever that means.

Spoken like a true hater. When I talk about Clausen and all Qbs at least I have reasons for it. You just make statements that make you look stupid.

Your right. I'm just hating and the fact that Matt Moore is a 5 year pro playing just as bad as the rookie Clausen and the stay at home dad BSP has nothing to do with it.

The guy's contract is expired. You don't keep him around just because TRD likes to masturbate to his picture every night.

You have provided absolutely no reason for keeping him around.

You just keep saying

But But But! He's Teh Moore!! Your reasons are sukz! Moore's teH awesome!

So you are basing it off only two games this year instead of his career? Then you try and qualify it with what you deem pressure?

Got it.

As the starter this year (PRESSURE IS ON) he won ONE game in 2010 against a team that had to trot out DAVID CARR as their QB. Then once we all thought he had some of his mojo back, he comes out and craps the bed, again.

In '09, he beat the sleep walking into the playoffs Vikings who almost pulled Brett Favre because of the game Julius Peppers was having. Then he beat the perennial choke-in-December Giants team. Panthers were eliminated from playoff contention by that point, and the teams he played had pretty much locked up where they were going to finish.

Matt Moore isn't the answer.

the reason I don't think Moore comes back is this:

1) The new coach & FO made it clear they want a great quarterback.

Ron made it clear that we need better production/performance out of the QB position. Nice way to spin the words though.

Even IF he did say they want to bring in a great QB (which he didn't say it that way, and if you listened, you would know this), there isn't a single QB that we can get through free agency or trade, that is a great QB. Please don't mention McNabb, cause he isn't great. He is serviceable, but far from great.

So, that makes the rest of your argument moot.

Whether or not they bring back Moore, doesn't matter. If they don't, I'm not going to get hung up on it. But they should bring him in for nothing less than to compete. Doesn't mean they have to keep him going into the regular season, unless he has earned it.

I think most people can admit, he plays better than Clausen. Specially on Sundays.

I think most people can admit, he plays better than Clausen. Specially on Sundays.

Only difference is, Moore had three prior seasons to learn the offense and how to be a QB in the NFL from a vet like Delhomme. Clausen comes in a fresh-faced rookie and is forced to start because of poor play by Moore and injury. Can't compare their performances because Moore SHOULD have played better. He did but it was marginal at best.

Ron made it clear that we need better production/performance out of the QB position. Nice way to spin the words though.

Even IF he did say they want to bring in a great QB (which he didn't say it that way, and if you listened, you would know this), there isn't a single QB that we can get through free agency or trade, that is a great QB. Please don't mention McNabb, cause he isn't great. He is serviceable, but far from great.

So, that makes the rest of your argument moot.

Whether or not they bring back Moore, doesn't matter. If they don't, I'm not going to get hung up on it. But they should bring him in for nothing less than to compete. Doesn't mean they have to keep him going into the regular season, unless he has earned it.

this.

Thought most of you guys were done with mediocrity? Yet still a lot of you want MM back?

I love ignorant statements like this.

This has nothing to do with mediocrity. And if you were truly done with it, ya wouldn't want Clausen to start, or some other team's trash.

One more time, no QB we aquire this year, is going to give us greatness this year.

Most people can admit Matt Moore most likely isn't the long term solution, but he is better than anybody else we currently have, or any other backup we aquire from another team.

Your right. I'm just hating and the fact that Matt Moore is a 5 year pro playing just as bad as the rookie Clausen and the stay at home dad BSP has nothing to do with it.

The guy's contract is expired. You don't keep him around just because TRD likes to masturbate to his picture every night.

You have provided absolutely no reason for keeping him around.

You just keep saying

But But But! He's Teh Moore!! Your reasons are sukz! Moore's teH awesome!

He's a 4 year pro. People have provided plenty of reasons to keep him around. You just don't understand them, which is fine, I've stopped expecting logic and comprehension from most on the Huddle.

As the starter this year (PRESSURE IS ON) he won ONE game in 2010 against a team that had to trot out DAVID CARR as their QB. Then once we all thought he had some of his mojo back, he comes out and craps the bed, again.

In '09, he beat the sleep walking into the playoffs Vikings who almost pulled Brett Favre because of the game Julius Peppers was having. Then he beat the perennial choke-in-December Giants team. Panthers were eliminated from playoff contention by that point, and the teams he played had pretty much locked up where they were going to finish.

Matt Moore isn't the answer.

Only 1 team locked up where they were going to be. The Vikings were playing for home field advantage and Favre has nothing to do with it since he doesn't play defense. Moore put up 30 points in that game and no turnovers. Again against NY he put up 40 points with 3 Tds and no turnovers. How you say those things are meaningless is crazy. If Jimmy put up a game with just 2 TDs this board would have exploded.

I guess the bottom line is Moore is very polarizing and people are either going to like him or hate him. There are very few people who can look at him objectively and see what he's been able to do in the league.

Since we didn't measure Clausen by W-L record (well the members not named TheRealDeal) I won't measure Moore by it either. I'll measure him by the lollipop deep throws he made, the off-the-back foot interceptions and his patented end-zone picks. He makes terrible decisions. Clausen makes no decisions. Move on, nothing else to see here.

Archived