• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Moore: I would love to stay in Carolina

The Saltman

I do think Moore's situation was better when he came in than when Clausen first came in, but I think Clausen's end-of-season situation was good enough to show more than he did. He had reps for weeks and weeks as the #1, he had a good enough O-Line, a good running game, experience with all his receivers by that point...

btw, Moore wasn't here for training camp (Cowboys got him first), so he didn't get to take advantage of anything with Smitty. Also, we had a number of QBs ahead of him throughout the season so he didn't get reps with Smitty all that much. Earlier in the year, I too had thought, "Clausen just hasn't had the reps with Smitty." The production never increased, though, so I don't think that was it at all.

Moore just got the ball to Smitty better than Clausen did in their rookie season. Big deal. Now let's see what our offense can do with a new coaching staff.

Well the fact that Jimmy Clausen has as many touchdown passes in his career as Matt has shown he can put up in one game, and back to back 'meaningless' games at that, with Jeff Davidson calling the plays, is why I think we should at least consider him.

Yes he did

Oline was better

wr about the same but smith was younger and not hurt all preseason

Rb Dwill was taken over for Foster and putting up 5.0 yards per carry and had hoov blocking for him.

When Moore went to the sideline he could talk 2 Vinny and Jake not Matt, Pike, Bsp, Null.

late in the season the OL was just as good for Jimmy.

- you admit the WRs are a push

- Jonathan Stewart later in the season was one of the most productive RBs in the NFL. Ground game was better for Clausen late then Moore than season.

Vinny/Jake aren't the reason Moore looked like he could grasp basics of the position and Jimmy didn't.

late in the season the OL was just as good for Jimmy.

Wrong 2007 oline lt Warton lg wahle C hartwig rg Bridges rt gross

Are you serious?? BernaCrap and gray at RT was better

- you admit the WRs are a push

Carter and Colbert had more exp. Lafell and gettis have more talent so Push.

- Jonathan Stewart later in the season was one of the most productive RBs in the NFL. Ground game was better for Clausen late then Moore than season.

The combo of Dwill and Hoov will be hard 2 top.

Vinny/Jake aren't the reason Moore looked like he could grasp basics of the position and Jimmy didn't.

You no nothing about Qbing. Hell Dwill even said Vinny helped him. Having a vet help you in the Tape room on the sidelines showing you stuff you might have missed as a rookie is vauble commodity. That can't be measured.

So yes you would be wrong.

You no nothing about Qbing. Hell Dwill even said Vinny helped him. Having a vet help you in the Tape room on the sidelines showing you stuff you might have missed as a rookie is vauble commodity. That can't be measured.

it is great that DWill got help from Vinny. Did you pay attention to what Stewart did this season when he got healthy? He was the 2nd or 3rd most productive RB in the entire NFL in that span. Moore didn't have a better ground attack.

yeah, having vets was a plus for Moore. Moore was still an undrafted FA and looked signicantly better than the 2nd rounder in Clausen. Moore shouldn't have been that much better than Clausen as a rookie....and he simply was. Just like almost every other rookie QB that took the field this season was looked better.

There comes a time when the excuses flat out don't hold any weight. Clasuen was bad. There is no excuse to makeup for how bad he was. Not when there are so many rookies you can name this season and prior that looked more comfortable. Clausen simply was bad....so bad that I can't think of a rookie he clearly looked better than (and that extends well past this season).

Gotta call it like it is. Clasuen flat out sucked. Maybe he will get better....maybe he won't. The excuses for him are just silly. I know nothing about QB'ing? I know Clausen was horrible this year........in the past 4 seasons name rookie QBs who looked worse? Then compare that to the number that saw action.

Carolina averaged 131 yards on the ground in Moore's 3 starts. One game they had only 69 yards on the ground. Small number of games really driven by 1 game.

Carolina averaged 151 yards rushing starting from Goodson's 1st start over the next 6 games. Consistantly going over 100 + in every single game. I would say in that stretch of games.......Clausen should have looked better than an undrafted Matt Moore.

Jimmy Clausen wasn't in a bad scenario the entire season....he just played poorly. That 6 game window was a perfect scenario for Clausen to show something. Prior to that window he saw action in 6 games w/ 3 starts under his belt to take some lumps and get some live game speed. During that 6 game window he had a VERY productive ground game, decent D, and ST. Not having Vinny T isn't the reason he blew then. Moore having Vinny T isn't the reason an undrafted rookie looked so much better. Clausen doesn't even have the physical tools/skill set of a very average Matt Moore. Clausen has a lot working against him that has nothing to w/ talent around him or coaching (from staff or players).

Moore came into a pretty good situation in his rookie year. He had sat almost the entire year, and had watched. He did not have a ton of first team experience but he had a decent amount of experience on the team as a whole and in the system by the end of the year. The running game was doing pretty well, and Dwill was just starting to show what he could do. We had decent receivers, and Smith hadn't lost a step at all.

Clausen came into a very, very dysfunctional offense. To be honest, it's no surprised he struggled early. However, by the end of the season, Clausen should have been able to take advantage of the variety of improvements that occurred in that offense by half way through the year. Our running game gelled. Our receivers had near a full season under their belt together. Our line was blocking better, though still doing poorly in pass blocking. Hell, I was more impressed with Clausen in his first two games than I was for the vast majority of the rest of his starts. =(

There comes a time when you just have to admit that Pickles sucks. I can't figure out what anyone sees in him that makes them believe he will ever be average at best. I wanted to believe that he would be great, but realize that will never happen. Looking back on it, his statement after being drafted about the Panthers having made the "best pick in the draft" should have been a signal. The dude is all ego and little talent.

Archived