• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera On WFNZ

Nicbsbll2

well, that was a lot more optimistic about clausen than in his first statements.

while i do think we really need to be looking another direction, i'm willing to give this coaching staff a little benefit of the doubt concerning clausen. if he can be developed and made not to suck so much, this coaching staff can do it.

well, that was a lot more optimistic about clausen than in his first statements.

while i do think we really need to be looking another direction, i'm willing to give this coaching staff a little benefit of the doubt concerning clausen. if he can be developed and made not to suck so much, this coaching staff can do it.

My impression was that he thought Jimmy so put in a position to fail last year. He thought the old coaching staff didn't do a thing to help him, especially as far as being able to step up and becoming the leader of the team is concerned.

I liked about him philosophy of spreading the ball around too. He definitely doesn't want to have a "feed the stud" offense. He specifically mentioned the way things were done with San Diego and Philip Rivers.

He also seemed to have a ton of confidence in his new staff to really get the best out of the players we have.

Another thing he said that I liked/haven't really thought of was that at all star bowls you can't really judge someone if they have a bad performance because they are learning a new system in a week. But if they do well, then that often can be a sign of good things because they were able to pick up the new system fairly quick.

In recent interviews, I've seen both Marty Hurney and Ron Rivera mention Matt Moore.

May not mean anything, but I do think they're at least considering the notion of taking him to camp and letting him compete for a roster spot.

Part of me is hoping for this. I don't mind the idea of Moore getting one more season, this time with a healthy oline and a coaching staff that isn't in a pissing contest with management.

Not saying that not getting a vet to come in shouldn't be considered, but the team could do worse than Moore at QB. We saw that this season :lol:

Part of me is hoping for this. I don't mind the idea of Moore getting one more season, this time with a healthy oline and a coaching staff that isn't in a pissing contest with management.

Not saying that not getting a vet to come in shouldn't be considered, but the team could do worse than Moore at QB. We saw that this season :lol:

I'm agreeable with taking Moore to camp, but not as the only veteran option.

I want someone else too, preferably someone in the "Rodney Peete" mold.

In recent interviews, I've seen both Marty Hurney and Ron Rivera mention Matt Moore.

May not mean anything, but I do think they're at least considering the notion of taking him to camp and letting him compete for a roster spot.

Clausen and Moore should go into camp with a vet.

Interesting! Looks like we'll be looking at the draft for a QB option. ;)

Not what he said.....we will be looking at draft prospects. If someone is there at our picks that make sense, we will consider it. In no way infers that we are definitely looking for a QB in the draft.

How feel about QBs in draft?

It's about what they have done on field. Have to be careful when looks at combine numbers, etc. Would rather watch how perform at senior bowl, etc. But have to remember they are learning new system in a week, so bad performances can basically be thrown out. Stresses looking at what they did on the field in college.

Bill Polian has always said you look at their body of work, NOT a single performance or two that was good or bad.

The combine is bull poo. GM's to me are idiots if they move a guy up or down based on that. A guy that has performed well his entire career isn't going to suck in the NFL because he had one bad DAY.

Archived