• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera On WFNZ

Nicbsbll2

Not what he said.....we will be looking at draft prospects. If someone is there at our picks that make sense, we will consider it. In no way infers that we are definitely looking for a QB in the draft.

Note I said "looks like". I'm not inferring a definite either. But especially in light of Hurney's comments about the QB position being the #1 concern, this has some weight. He wouldn't have even mentioned the draft, if they had not had it in their mind to pull a QB in from the draft.

I'm agreeable with taking Moore to camp, but not as the only veteran option.

I want someone else too, preferably someone in the "Rodney Peete" mold.

By the sound of it, Rivera believes that our coaching staff was responsible for our QB's lack of success. So it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they at least gave Moore a chance to win the job now that we have a better offensive coaching staff.

By the sound of it, Rivera believes that our coaching staff was responsible for our QB's lack of success. So it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they at least gave Moore a chance to win the job now that we have a better offensive coaching staff.

And I think most Panthers' fans would agree. The previous did practically nothing schematically or otherwise to develop Clausen. I'm willing to give the new regime a chance to make JC into a bonafide starting QB. Although there's obviously alot of work to be done, there's a reason he was among the top QBs in last year's draft and I'm curious to see how he works with the new offensive staff.

Hurney might feel the same way.

Bill Polian has always said you look at their body of work, NOT a single performance or two that was good or bad.

The combine is bull poo. GM's to me are idiots if they move a guy up or down based on that. A guy that has performed well his entire career isn't going to suck in the NFL because he had one bad DAY.

The Combine and Pro Days are useful for distinguishing between guys that you have a similar grade on based on their game performances.

They should never have a big influence on those grades though. Any team who moves a guy up a round in their estimation based on workouts is asking for the next Mike Mamula.

Note I said "looks like". I'm not inferring a definite either. But especially in light of Hurney's comments about the QB position being the #1 concern, this has some weight. He wouldn't have even mentioned the draft, if they had not had it in their mind to pull a QB in from the draft.

Agreed. I think you always need to look at picks (BPA) if someone you like falls into your lap.

I'm agreeable with taking Moore to camp, but not as the only veteran option.

I want someone else too, preferably someone in the "Rodney Peete" mold.

well, if they are talking about him.....then I guess the odds are high he comes back.

Moore at least fits what Chud likes to do. He has had some success doing it.

uh he said that?

Barnidge was the first one that he mentioned, followed by King then Rosario. He didn't exactly tip his hat as to which one he likes best, but he did say that he liked his athletic ability, which I think would start to set him apart as far as what he has made known that he wants his tightends to do.

Archived