• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Someone that I love might be going to jail.

beckersteen

Like the others have said, need more details.

I have a very big family and it seems we are split between honorable and criminal. I have relatives that are major contributors to society and others who are a bane to society.

As far as not being in your life, that sucks but there are ways you can keep in touch. Like JOAT said, sounds more like prison as opposed to jail.

Try to get on their visitor list. Not sure if you have to be a relative but if so, lie and say you are a cousin. Or get married and enjoy conjugal visits. you can always put money on their books so that maybe they'll call you every now and then. Collect calls from jail/prison cost more than normal so get ready for a big bill.

i will say this. i had to visit my bro in prison. at the time i didn't have a car and I had to borrow a car.

we only had like 2 hours, out in the open court yard, just like on MSNBC. after going thru the pat down and checking me like a 97 SAAB, i go in and see him.

I bring him a newspaper and he wanted to see how the Cardinals were doing in baseball since that is our fav team.

as he starts to read, i go into big brother lecture mode. he puts down his paper and walks away. i had been there all of 10 mins after driving 2hrs to see him.

i realized that hearing a lecture was the LAST thing he wanted to hear. we basically had to start from scratch on being brothers again.

BEST thing that could have happened to either of us. everything was stripped down to just he and i talking about whatever.

there is a reason the phrase blessing in disguise still holds true.

I've known her since I was 16 (I'm 22 now). We've never dated even though I had a chance when I was 18. We have a very strong relationship though. We are definitely each others best friend. I've never failed to be there for her. I've actually bailed her out of jail with my money before. She also has never failed to be there for me. When my four year relationship ended (with someone that I had loved at one point) she really pulled me together.

The jail time is all traffic stuff. She isn't a bad person at all; she just keeps running into cops when you shouldn't be running into cops.

Archived