• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFLPA and Agents talk about boycotting the NFL Combine

Darknight

Are you serious?

DALLAS (AP)—The NFL players union has discussed a boycott of the scouting combine later this month with player agents.

Several people familiar with the talks told The Associated Press on Friday that the union suggested keeping potential 2011 draft picks away from the combine in Indianapolis and from other draft-related activities while there is no collective bargaining agreement. The people spoke anonymously because they are not authorized to give out the information.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nfllabor-boycott

Like Really? For Real?

Ummmm, I don't understand. The guys entering the draft AREN'T part of the NFLPA. Try telling these kids that they shouldn't enter. Whereas the current players are already raking it in, most of the kids haven't a bean next to their name...

That and why would the agents not want to promote their products ?

NFLPA seems desperate for something do challenge the NFL with. The truth is they are bluffing. They have nothing on their hand. NOTHING. All the people in the world can see that so it a lose lose situation for Smith and that is a scary thought cause that fool will do anything to save face. I am afraid Smith is on a solo mission here and that could be fatal.

Guys, its another red herring. Just like Bob Kraft said yesterday this bull sh$t about collusion and de certifiying is nothing but a ploy. They have no grounds, they are going to lose and they know it.

Zod said it perfectly, they are doing nothing but delaying the inevitable and that is giving in to owners demands.

I can see the following happening, Instead of a billion off the top the owners will back down to say 640 mill. That is 20 mill per team which greatly offsets operating expenses and really helps small market teams. Hell a team like Jacksonville could pay its coaching staff and its stadium lease with that much.

18 games will come off the table. The fans aren't really big on it, but they will have to do something about pre season ticket pricing to appease fans and still bring in money.

They will revisit rule changes and fines and penalties. Goddell will never budge, and nor will owners, that he has final say and can suspend players. Sorry you spoiled asses, but you go out and rape someone your ass is going to be suspended. There is no other way to punish them.

As for as retirement money, part of that should come from current players and the NFLPA. Hey I am paying for people over 65's retirement out of my fuggin check, let the mulit millionares foot part of the bill for the guys that truely built this game! As for as helmet to helmet, that will never change. Why? Money. It is not about safety, it is about having to pay out to many players post career that aren't making the NFL money anymore because of post concussion injuries and I don't blame the NFL. Look you can knock the poo outta someone without going head to head.

18% paycut will most likely be dropped to 9.6% so the players get an even 50% instead of nearly 60%. The owners will conceede that IF that 640 mill off the top gets approved.

NFLPA reminds me of a fish in a net, just thrashing about, trying anything to get out of the situation with the fishermen just sitting there watching it.

Exactly. The NFLPA is just throwing everything around hoping for some leverage. There is no way a college player who isn't signed by a team and a memeber of the union should do anything to help the union and jeopardize their draft position. I doubt the union is going to come and subsidize those that take their advice and maybe not get drafted at all without the exposure.

Smith is becoming the problem and clearly wants to win the battle not create a win/win for his clients.

Exactly. The NFLPA is just throwing everything around hoping for some leverage. There is no way a college player who isn't signed by a team and a memeber of the union should do anything to help the union and jeopardize their draft position. I doubt the union is going to come and subsidize those that take their advice and maybe not get drafted at all without the exposure.

Smith is becoming the problem and clearly wants to win the battle not create a win/win for his clients.

Exactly. If I am an agent I till smith to get bent.

Archived