• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How did you meet your wife/husband?

SCP

I was in Vegas on business during 9/11. In my efforts to get back east after the flying ban was lifted, I ended up in Houston on a 5 hour layover. I was walking around the airport on the phone with the airlines when I saw this hawt chick sitting in a bar. I walked over and grabbed a table next to her. She asked me for the time and we spent the next 5 hours talking it up. She lived in Miami and I lived in Jacksonville, FL at the time. I ended up getting her number and she got mine. That next week I was in Miami on business so I gave her a call. My hotel was about 3 blocks from her condo. We met at a nuetral site for dinner, Hooters, and the rest is history. I spent the next year and a half making the 4 hour, 640 mile round trip drive from Jacksonville to Miami every weekend until I moved down there. 7 year anniversary this month.

Met my 1st wife through a friend, his wife's younger sister. Great girl, but we got married waay to young. Met my daughters mom at the Long Branch(a local night club) but never married her, crazy chick lol. Met my 2nd wife through another friend. They were dating at the time but you can say i "shot him out of the saddle" so to speak. Met my current girlfriend at Hot Topic, she was working there at the time and i bought a T shirt. We kind of hit it off.

I was in Vegas on business during 9/11. In my efforts to get back east after the flying ban was lifted, I ended up in Houston on a 5 hour layover. I was walking around the airport on the phone with the airlines when I saw this hawt chick sitting in a bar. I walked over and grabbed a table next to her. She asked me for the time and we spent the next 5 hours talking it up. She lived in Miami and I lived in Jacksonville, FL at the time. I ended up getting her number and she got mine. That next week I was in Miami on business so I gave her a call. My hotel was about 3 blocks from her condo. We met at a nuetral site for dinner, Hooters, and the rest is history. I spent the next year and a half making the 4 hour, 640 mile round trip drive from Jacksonville to Miami every weekend until I moved down there. 7 year anniversary this month.

a lot of positives from that story.. main one being it just goes to show don't be skerred, go say something. "No" is hardly an earth shattering response...

me and my buddies were on our annual motorcycle trip and for the first time ever, we decided to go out to Vancouver Island on the west coast. Couple of us were playing beach volleyball when my wife to be and her friend asked if they could play. We started chatting it up and afterwards she wanted to go for a ride on my bike. We hit it off immediately and we've been together for almost 17 years now.

Archived