• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mallett's press conference.

teeray

Considering Clausen was a MUCH better prospect and fell to the middle of the second round, it's probably more likely than not that Mallett will fall too. The big question is do we want to be the team that takes a QB everyone else passed on again?

I hope his stock drops him to the third round. I would take a chance on him there, especially if we trade down. ONLY after checking him out thoroughly to determine he was not on drugs.

My impressions: (going from the short clip) He is not very intelligent. He is truthful. He was less prepared for tough questions than Newton. Still, he has baggage, and that should drop his stock. These things matter, and his temper or inability to handle himself with composure should cost him.

However, if you feel that leaving a press conference drops his stock but you are one of the people who think multiple red flags should be ignored (when the same standards are applied to Newton), then it is time to step back and reevaluate your perspective because you might be a hypocrite.

Honestly, I think he might sneak in the end of the first round even after today. He can make throws a lot of NFL QBs can't make right now.

After today I am not as confident about that. But he could be a big time sleeper in this draft.

Considering Clausen was a MUCH better prospect and fell to the middle of the second round, it's probably more likely than not that Mallett will fall too. The big question is do we want to be the team that takes a QB everyone else passed on again?

You mean like Brady, Montana, Brees, Romo, Hasselbeck, etc.

I don't want him at all for the record.

You mean like Brady, Montana, Brees, Romo, Hasselbeck, etc.

I don't want him at all for the record.

To show how often that works you had to go all the way back to Montana.

These guys are like finding a needle in a hay stack. After the first round the percentage of finding a great QB is literally about 2%

I heard nothing wrong with his interview. Nothing. The guy said over and over again the supposed allagations was something bogus and he would talk to the team officials to clear all of this up. The media were the ones acting like assholes. Society owes them nothing, let alone anwers no matter if they ask once or ten times. Really, a big to do about nothing. Decent presser from my perspective. Mallett as least came off as ginuine. Cam came off as a media ***** with a prepared statement stating his glory.

I heard nothing wrong with his interview. Nothing. The guy said over and over again the supposed allagations was something bogus and he would talk to the team officials to clear all of this up. The media were the ones acting like assholes. Society owes them nothing, let alone anwers no matter if they ask once or ten times. Really, a big to do about nothing. Decent presser from my perspective. Mallett as least came off as ginuine. Cam came off as a media ***** with a prepared statement stating his glory.

Some truth to that. I thought Cam did well though.

But Mallett, except for a couple instances I didn't think it was a "train wreck" the way it was originally reported. When I started this I had only read the reports and not seen the video.

It wasn't great but I wouldn't characterize it as a train wreck either. That was blown out of proportion IMO.

I mean he didn't curse people out, tear off his shirt, and punch Mike Maycock in the nuts while in a cocaine induced rage.

That actually would have been awesome!!!!

the clip linked in comment #3 didn't seem that bad to me at all. if he indeed got impatient and bounced, that's too bad, but not the end of the world. a little attitude never killed a football team. he's just a bit too inconsistent to consider at any pick the panthers have, IMO. maybe if they trade a pick for 3 picks and he's there in a later round or something, but if you don't take the best QB at #1, why would you pick a quarterback?

But what are the chances of finding one who would be good enough to take the team deep into the playoffs?

14 teams had wining records last year. 11 had QB's that were taken in the first round.

The exceptions were Brady, Cassell, and Brees (first pick of the second).

Cam had a lot of positive reviews but that may have been because he immediately followed Ryan Mallett.

Honestly I didn't see it but apparently it was a total train wreck. Did any of you guys watch it?? And if so thoughts???

For those who don't like Cam, Mallett is a top ten talent that might still be sitting there in the third. :dupe:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/620926-nfl-combine-2011-jimmer-fredette-cam-newton-and-saturdays-late-sports-buzz/entry/49866-nfl-combine-results-ryan-mallett-flops-cam-newton-rises-at-press-conference

PASS on this guy. Can't put enough emphasis on character for the primo leadership slot on a football team.

Archived