• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mallett's press conference.

teeray

Not saying I want to or we should draft him (because I don't), but everyone says he bombed the interviews today. I mean really I didn't see that. I still think he has character issues, but if I had known nothing about him before that interview I would have just thought he was an average guy.

maybe I'm missing something?

Not saying I want to or we should draft him (because I don't), but everyone says he bombed the interviews today. I mean really I didn't see that. I still think he has character issues, but if I had known nothing about him before that interview I would have just thought he was an average guy.

Leaders step up and take ownership of the issue. People with character have no qualms about meeting their detractors head-on. Mallet clearly isn't that guy.

PASS

just listened to the whole audio clip thanks to pantherfan81's link. really, mallett's problem is going to be 1) his play on the field, and 2) the actual content of the "allegations" that are mentioned a zillion times in the interview. as a human being in front of reporters being asked probing questions at the combine, i don't care that he didn't answer them. i'm not bothered by his attitude in response to the questions. as a potential leader of a football team, i thought he was engaged with the reporters despite refusing to answer the question, and i thought he was confident and not flustered. despite refusing to answer the questions i thought he was respectful and clear.

if i were a team i would definitely talk to him about the actual meat behind the allegations, and i imagine we'd see a different ryan mallett from the one answering these particular questions. one who can't avoid questions about character things that matter like addiction and a gross lack of responsibility and self-control. he's got nothing to gain by having this same attitude in private meetings with teams. that's the one who'd have to seem like a dynamite leader who can think on his feet and take a team to great success.

Man, talk about things getting blown over the top. He seemed a tiny but cocky, but not in any way that really raises any flags. Honestly, I don't see what the big problem is.

If you're referring to Mallett, either you're unaware or completely ignoring several years worth of red flags from the kid. And you also have to wonder how someone in his position going into those interviews could be so woefully unprepared.

Archived