• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yas changes his mind again: "Panthers can't afford to take Newton"

mav1234

I think that is consistent with what many on here say which is that we will likely get a vet in FA. However if the feeling is Clausen is not the future than it still means Newton could be drafted.

The idea that you need a guy to hit 60% of his passes right way to win belies what the Jets did with Sanchez. The Jets have been in the playoffs the past 2 years and Sanchez is a 54% passer with a 70 passer rating.

Seems to me that we are building our team like the Jets, good running, great defense and a game manager QB. Newton would fit into that mold with bigger upside down the road.

Who are these QB's in FA/trade?

Kolb? - Eagles want at least a 1st-rounder. Our 33rd might of done it but we don't have it obviously. Plus he's not a good fit in our offense.

Palmer? Seeing as how he's unhappy with the Bengals because of the all the losing then I fail to see how he would be happy in a young, rebuilding team like the Panthers.

Orton? - I like him but he's the definition of average. You're never winning a SB with Kyle Orton.

Kolb? - Eagles want at least a 1st-rounder. Our 33rd might of done it but we don't have it obviously. Plus he's not a good fit in our offense.

Palmer? Seeing as how he's unhappy with the Bengals because of the all the losing then I fail to see how he would be happy in a young, rebuilding team like the Panthers.

Orton? - I like him but he's the definition of average. You're never winning a SB with Kyle Orton.

Exactly.

I like McNabb coming here to mentor Clausen/QB draft pick but I'm not so sure it will happen.

Kolb is a WCO guy who would struggle here. Cincy's fron office said Palmer wasn't going to be traded so has that changed??

Who else is out there? McNabb?? Orton is the starter in Denver so why would Fox trade him?? Seems to me that free agent pickins are pretty poor this year as well.

McNabb... I realize all his success came in a WCO and he looked bad last year, but he can throw deep and I think he's got allot left in the tank.

The Panthers aren't the Bengals. Not even close.

Losing is pretty much a constant in Cincinnati. The Panthers were in the playoffs just two years ago and still a lot of the roster that got there.

Kolb is a WCO guy who would struggle here. Cincy's fron office said Palmer wasn't going to be traded so has that changed??

Who else is out there? McNabb?? Orton is the starter in Denver so why would Fox trade him?? Seems to me that free agent pickins are pretty poor this year as well.

Marvin Lewis has been scouting QB draft prospects and talking about "life after Palmer".

Archived