• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera: No promises for Jimmy Clausen

teeray

a few of the anti-winning/anti-Cam people are gonna be crushed ny this news. To them Clausen is "entitled" to be our qb til we can beg Luck again next offseason. :rolleyes: Rivera continues to impress me so far. Its a wise decision not to make promises to a.franchise killer like Clausen.

a few of the anti-winning/anti-Cam people are gonna be crushed ny this news. To them Clausen is "entitled" to be our qb til we can beg Luck again next offseason. :rolleyes: Rivera continues to impress me so far. Its a wise decision not to make promises to a.franchise killer like Clausen.

show me a post by someone against drafting Cam that says they think Clausen is entitled to be the starter

edit: and it has to be by a legitimate poster and not some random troll

show me a post by someone against drafting Cam that says they think Clausen is entitled to be the starter

there have.been numerous posts on this board suggesting Clausen didnt get a fair shake and is entitled to another year "to see him with a different staff". More times than not, those folks want qb adressed next season. Meanwhile us paying fans and psl holders foot the bill of another losing year just so those fans can get their dream qb who may or may not come out. worst business plan ever. so its not shocking the Panthers are looking to do the opposite. The days of "entitled" lackluster qbing in Carolina are over.

a few of the anti-winning/anti-Cam people are gonna be crushed ny this news. To them Clausen is "entitled" to be our qb til we can beg Luck again next offseason. Rivera continues to impress me so far. Its a wise decision not to make promises to a.franchise killer like Clausen.

Way to put words into peoples mouth. So you are so much the best evaluator of talent you already know that Clausen will never amount to anything. You were there at all the games, watched the tape on every throw he made multiple times and came up with this definitive verdict?

Anyone reasonable agrees with Ron Rivera's assesment of the QB situation here. If Clausen can outperform the veteran we bring in, he deserves to start, just like if a veteran outperforms Jimmy, the vet deserves to start. But to say that after one year of being with a coaching staff that didn't coach him, an offense that was comprised of rookie WR's and one declining prima dona.

Declaring him a franchise killer when the most we have invested in him is a second round pick is quite ridiculous. Look at Tampa Bay and how they dumped Steve Young after one year, worked out well for them right? Atlanta and Brett Farve, worked out well for them right? No one here is saying Clausen will be that, but declaring him a bust after one year is stupid.

Of course none of what I said matters because you will quote me as being "pro-Clausen" and "anti-winning" because I came to you with facts, you will declare what I say with lies.

EDIT: I also find it funny that you think a terrible QB that would grade out to a 3rd rounder in most years is a QB that can save a franchise. Maybe some of the people that don't want Cam don't want Clausen either? Maybe they want another QB? I know I for one want Palmer, Gabbert, & McNabb over Clausen, I just think Cam comes with way too many risk for a first round draft selection. Cam comes with the same attitude, one year wondership, and talent exuded by JaMarcus Russell. fug that they're both black, I'm black. They just carry themselves the same way. Both looked to be more interested in the glory and fame than the game. Whats worst is that while people joked about how The Golden Calf of Bristol would be a great NFL Fullback, no one is stating the same obviousness about Cam, what a great TE he looks like he would make. Kid can't throw an out route to save his life.

there have.been numerous posts on this board suggesting Clausen didnt get a fair shake and is entitled to another year "to see him with a different staff". More times than not, those folks want qb adressed next season. Meanwhile us paying fans and psl holders foot the bill of another losing year just so those fans can get their dream qb who may or may not come out. worst business plan ever. so its not shocking the Panthers are looking to do the opposite. The days of "entitled" lackluster qbing in Carolina are over.

saying Clausen didn't have a fair opportunity last season =/= saying Clausen should start next season

there are more options than Clausen or Newton just so you know.

Truth is that we need both a Vet QB and rookie QB this year. Because if we start the rookie QB and he struggles, we would have a solid option behind him. Or if we decide to start the Vet, we need someone waiting in the wings after he's gone. Because once that Vet QB is gone we either have to start Clausen again or try Pike. That scenario doesn't sound good to me. I think we will draft a QB. Just not sure who. Right now all the signs point to us drafting Newton. I would be fine with that even though I think drafting Peterson would help our equally bad CB situation that has even less options in FA.

Truth is that we need both a Vet QB and rookie QB this year. Because if we start the rookie QB and he struggles, we would have a solid option behind him. Or if we decide to start the Vet, we need someone waiting in the wings after he's gone. Because once that Vet QB is gone we either have to start Clausen again or try Pike. That scenario doesn't sound good to me. I think we will draft a QB. Just not sure who. Right now all the signs point to us drafting Newton. I would be fine with that even though I think drafting Peterson would help our equally bad CB situation that has even less options in FA.

Nah we just need a vet for 3 years while we groom a rookie qb. Could be from last years draft this years or next but none of them will be good for awhile.

Archived