• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FTM analysis of Cam

teeray

This is from that guy that had Stanzi rated so high in his metrics.

Take FWIW. He did nothing in my opinion to persuade people one way or the other on the issue. We will still fight bitterly over this guy until the draft.

http://fantasyfootballmetrics.com/Player_News/2011/NFL%20Draft/NFL%20Draft_2011_Newton_2-24-2011.htm

Had Cam rated on the good/great side of his metric but that depends on the wonderlic score.

What did he assume for the wonderlic? 20?

Based on trends and historical information for the wonderlic, that would be an optimistic assumption.

He said average. Not sure if that is 20 or not. I would assume so. My guess is he slips below this analysts threshold if or when Cam"s wonderlic is leaked.

Personally I think there are holes on both sides of the fence (meaning things that would help Cam if they were weighted and things that would hurt him if weighted) in his analysis. But it gives us something to fight about :D

It's nothing new. He said with average score he would be The Golden Calf of Bristol or VY and without it would be even more terrible. With a good score he could be better than those two.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

have-a-nice-fuck-you.png

:lol:

Good analysis I guess. When are the wonderlic scores officially released?

You're pretty much the only tolerable Cam fan on here. Can actually read your posts without wanting to close my laptop lol.

They aren't released. They are generally leaked. They aren't supposed to be public knowledge. But they always are. As a matter of fact this is usually about the time these things start coming out.

wonderlics are never officially released but get leaked sometime in the next few weeks.

Not really that impressed by this guy's analysis.

Also, I wonder how it makes people who want to draft him feel that Newton compares with The Golden Calf of Bristol, Alex Smith, and Vince Young according to this guy's metrics.

This is the part I like:

In that "low-run" stretch, Newton faced Ole Miss, Tennessee-Chattanooga, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina and Oregon. I throw 2 games out of this part of the analysis -- Georgia was the game he went over 150 rushing (151) and who cares about Chattanooga. In the 4 key games down the stretch (Miss, Ala, So Carl, Ore) where he didn't run as wild, check out these Newton stats:

11 TD's and just 1 INT

64.2% Completion Percentage

1 Passing TD per every 9.6 throws, a pace of 3.6 Passing TDs per game based on a 35 throw a game average (Newton threw 26.5 times per game in the 4 games in reality)

255 Passing Yards per the 4 games, but looking at yards per completion he had 15.1 yards per completion in those 4 games...based on a 35 Pass Attempt game, Newton would have averaged 338.7 yards a game at that pace

When his running game was (somewhat) cutoff, Newton showed he was beyond one-dimensional against the better competition in the SEC and on the biggest stages -- the SEC Championship and National Championship.

This is the part Hurney, Rivera, etc are going to determine if Cam can bring to the NFL level. If so - he will be the #1 pick.

I dont see why some live and die by wonderlic scores. Jimmy Clausen scored a 23 and Terry Bradshaw scored a 15. Ryan Fitzpatrick scored a 48. The average superbowl winner scored a 30, that's 30 out of 50. Honestly a 20-30 score shouldnt impress. A 30 is 60% and if you,ve ever taken a test 60% isn't good.

To base a QB's success rate on a test that ask nothing about football like reading defenses, audibles, etc. is kinda dumb. Peyton Manning scored a 28 and Alex Smith scored a 40, so what's the point? A player should be judged by what they do on the field not how well they do taxes.

It's nothing new. He said with average score he would be The Golden Calf of Bristol or VY and without it would be even more terrible. With a good score he could be better than those two.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Read it again. With an average Wonderlic, he is in the elite category. A low score drops him to The Golden Calf of Bristol range.

I don't put much stock in these sorts of analyses, but lets report accurately what it said.

Archived