• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Biggest Annoyance in The Workplace or as A Businessman??

The Saltman

Another thing that bothers me at my work is we have meetings on top of meetings. Meetings to set up meetings, meetings to prepare for meetings, meetings to discuss topics we could talk about at other meetings.

Between all the meetings and the Huddle, sometimes I can barely get anything done

It would be nice if I could get onto the Huddle at work. I'm blocked.

Laziness, and a shitty attitude...

There are 3 guys in my section... The boss, me, and guy #3...

Guy #3 is basically a bump on a log. He lacks any motivation to do anything. He doesn't like being asked/told to do something.

Basically, he sits there on the computer all day and doesn't really care if the world around him crumbles. Nothing is his responsibility, and if anyone needs help with anything, it isn't his job.

Soooooo frustrating... because I basically pick up his slack plus do my job and my bosses job on many occasions...

:lol:

Not laughing at you but with you... I used to deal wih meetings about meetings at my previous company. What a total waste... and management thought it was just great.

Just middle managers trying to show that they're actually doing something. Everything said in a meeting can be summed up in an email. At least that way you don't have to sit through stupid questions being asked by stupid people.

(Unless they hit the Reply All button).

i hate our mail guy who gets on the intercom when there's birthday cake and sings happy birthday in a borat voice... love being on the phone with a customer when that happens

also love our facilities manager, who might as well just be called a janitor, thinking she runs the place because she's the one that takes care of fixing issues within the building :rolleyes:

of course, i generally hate everyone who sits around me. just the sound of most of their voices drives me nuts. little things... like the lady who laughs at everything and then instead of stopping until the next thing to laugh at, just continues a low, continuous grunt until it's time to laugh again. or, the 4'5" 400lb cat lady that is proud of the fact that when she goes home she does nothing but feed her cats and sit in her lazy boy... and schedules her vacations around meals... and always tells stories of how she's on a first name basis with everyone that works at mcdonalds. god, just talking about those two makes me want to kill myself

my ipod has saved my life several times at work...

My biggest peeve is when the office gets noisy and it not even related to work. Shut the fug up some of us are actually working. Personality wise its the person who thinks they know it all and gets upset over the littlest of things. Calm down before you have aneurysm.

Also the person that has to tell you everything about their personal life and about there kids.

Gossip, keep your personal life personal. I don't care to hear about the girl at the strip club you cheated on your wife and kids with. The second issue is professionalism, hate to go to a job just to redo someone else's crappy work because they were either in a hurry or just to lazy to do it right the first time.

Archived