• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More Fun Cam Newton Stuff

fjblair

Not with a LB and a corner or safety over the top, which is what zones are.

Cam struggled throwing the ball into those windows and he's going to have to work on that big time.

You can't use running to compensate for a fundamental necessity of playing QB in the NFL.

he didnt struggle throwing anything he just ran so much people forgot he can pass. Now you've confused yourself into thinking he can't throw or he's a int machine or something. If he struggled with throws it would show up on tape and the stat sheet and his would look something like 16tds 9 ints if he was struggling.He threw 30 tds and ran for 20 no struggling there. oh yeah only 7 ints

Well if he's so damn inaccurate and can't read defenses, then why didn't he throw a lot more INT's, even though his yds per completion average clearly shows that he wasn't just throwing short safe passes all the time?

This + Blinn JC and Auburn wouldn't have won Nat'l Titles

he didnt struggle throwing anything he just ran so much people forgot he can pass. Now you've confused yourself into thinking he can't throw or he's a int machine or something. If he struggled with throws it would show up on tape and the stat sheet and his would look something like 16tds 9 ints if he was struggling.He threw 30 tds and ran for 20 no struggling there. oh yeah only 7 ints

College Defenses =/= NFL Defenses

He did have a tendency to struggle against the zone, this can be fix if he reads defenses correctly.

Like TRD said, in man coverge nd hwen he was being rushed: he made easy passes in completions. When they made him think, not so much.

Please stop twisting his words kthnx.

He did have a tendency to struggle against the zone, this can be fix if he reads defenses correctly.

Like TRD said, in man coverge nd hwen he was being rushed: he made easy passes in completions. When they made him think, not so much.

Apparently, you nor TRD watched any footage of Newton this past year. You can't have the 2nd highest QB rating and the highest yards per completion by just throwing dump downs and short passes. He averaged a first down with every single pass he threw.

You're going to confuse yourself typing like that.

While I understand the point you are trying to make, I disagree that it is all that hard to have objective opinions to the level that are necessary to engage in football discussions on a forum like this.

We all may have some biases but it's also extremely easy to dismiss those who disagree with you as having bias when you can't reconcile that reasonable people can just disagree.

I am not saying that folks can't have objective opinions simply that I see very few on here. And many folks who say they do have them are some of the most biased folks on this site.

Truth is that disagreeing isn't a sign of bias nor it is accurate to say that if someone disagrees with you, that makes them biased or wrong in some form or fashion. Conversely, being reasonable doesn't make you unbiased either. You can recognize someone disagreeing with you and acknowleding their point of view and still have a biased opinion. Show me someone who actually changes their opinion around here based on new information and I might agree they are somewhat objective. The vast majority of folks here use the forum to expound their already formed opinion not to actually openly discuss the issues.

The whole point of using a two way argument in a persuasive debate is predicated on the notion that you first acknowledge the other point of view before you go down the road to disprove it or argue against it, It gives the illusion of a balanced argument when it is not really that balanced at all.

Apparently, you nor TRD watched any footage of Newton this past year. You can't have the 2nd highest QB rating and the highest yards per completion by just throwing dump downs and short passes. He averaged a first down with every single pass he threw.

He also averaged a TD for every 9 passes he attempted and a yards per attempt average of 10.2. He also had 32 passes over 25 yards. Compare that to Gabbert's ratio of 1 TD for every 30 passes and yards per attempt of slightly over 6. He had almost 2 times as many attempts and only threw 23 passes of 25 yards or more. Even Luck averaged a TD every 12 passes and a yards per attempt of 9 yards. He also had 100 more attempts and threw 30 passes of 25 yards or more.

SO much for the old dink and dunk theory. LOL

Not bad for a run first QB playing tougher competition that either Luck or Gabbert.

He also averaged a TD for every 9 passes he attempted and a yards per attempt average of 10.2. He also had 32 passes over 25 yards. Compare that to Gabbert's ratio of 1 TD for every 30 passes and yards per attempt of slightly over 6. He had almost 2 times as many attempts and only threw 23 passes of 25 yards or more. Even Luck averaged a TD every 12 passes and a yards per attempt of 9 yards. He also had 100 more attempts and threw 30 passes of 25 yards or more.

Not bad for a run first QB playing tougher competition that either Luck or Gabbert.

I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for TRD's rebuttle on this one. Well not really, but it should be entertaining anyway.

I swear that guy has made it his life's mission to make sure no positive comment about Cam Newton ever goes unchallenged.

Very Impressive stats.

I'm not confident at all that the Panthers will draft Cam. He would certainly be the most talented QB the Panthers ever had a chance to develop though. No QB in the Panthers history can compare with the total package of size, arm strength and athleticism that Cam brings to the table. That's just a fact.

:lol: He struggled with NFL throws. He was fine with swing passes and streaks. Take the NC game, he only completed 50% of his throws past the line of scrimmage and AT LEAST 35% of his completions came from swing passes and the receiver was getting all the YAC.

Blindly following stats without doing any analysis of why the stat came to be is moronic at best. I've done the analysis. You guys won't look into it because you are scared of what you might find.

Do a comparison between zone and man coverage.

Do an analysis regarding how much of his completions/yards came from swings and streaks.

Do a breakdown of YAC yards for his receivers.

You won't like the results, I promise

Stats lie, the tape doesn't

Hell, do a breakdown of Gabbert's YAC for his WR's. How about Andrew Luck? I saw him throw a lot of short-medium range passes to wide open WR's who ran after the catch too, so what? Neither of those guys did what Cam did as an inexperienced JUCO transfer with no time in the offense before last season.

The biggest reason I am not on the Cam wagon is due to his many many many off field issues.

I'm sure that most of you want nothing to do with Ryan Mallet due to his alleged drug issues. If that is the case, I don't want anything to do with him either. but those same people are all over Cam's nuts when he has even more off field issues than Mallett has ever had. The worst part about it is that the cam nut huggers have an excuse for each one of the incidents, but none for Mallett. Just because Cam had 1 very studly season, everyone is hitching themselves to his wagon. Truth of the matter is, he is too much of a Running quarterback for my tastes and he has a TON of off the field issues.

I get it, he's a freak of nature athlete, that doesn't mean he's a QB though. There have been too many athlete first, QB second guys that haven't amounted to anything in NFL for me to have any confidence in him as a prospect. now there are all these whispers of him being extremely selfish, a dick, and immature. I'm sorry, I just can't support drafting a guy like that to be the future face of our franchise.

Archived