• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

why our qbs have sucked

philp

Wait Wait Wait!!! Now why Steve Beuerlein and Delhomme on this list of Sucky QBs?? I know Steve never got the Panthers to the SB or to a NFC Championship game. But Steve was one of the most loved and Solid Qbs we ever had. Steve did not Suck. Delhomme never sucked while he was here in Carolina. Yes he started playing bad in his final year as a panther. That's because after his elbow surgry he was never the same. But aleast Delhomme did help us to 2 NFC Championship Games and winning one of them to get us 2 SB 38. Even after Delhomme throw out his elbow. He came back the next season went 12-4 and got to the playoffs and pretty much fell apart in the Cards game. Then from there he just wasn't the same. But other then that Steve and Jake did not suck. The rest of the QBs on the list pretty much did. LOL:ihih:

The simple answer is the Panthers have had a real lack of effort in multiple aspects as an organization concerning the QB position. There has been some (failed) effort but the position and the future of the position has been put on the back burner for an eternity. Blame it on their conservative ways or the change in value of a successful QB during the recent years but the fact remains.

Wait Wait Wait!!! Now why Steve Beuerlein and Delhomme on this list of Sucky QBs?? I know Steve never got the Panthers to the SB or to a NFC Championship game. But Steve was one of the most loved and Solid Qbs we ever had. Steve did not Suck. Delhomme never sucked while he was here in Carolina. Yes he started playing bad in his final year as a panther. That's because after his elbow surgry he was never the same. But aleast Delhomme did help us to 2 NFC Championship Games and winning one of them to get us 2 SB 38. Even after Delhomme throw out his elbow. He came back the next season went 12-4 and got to the playoffs and pretty much fell apart in the Cards game. Then from there he just wasn't the same. But other then that Steve and Jake did not suck. The rest of the QBs on the list pretty much did. LOL:ihih:

if you notice, their names are not in bold. it's every qb that has started as a panther.

Because we've never really invested in the position since Collins. He was a bust; it happens, but it's almost as if we've been scared to take the chance again since. We lucked out with Jake for a while, but since he fell apart, so has this franchise.

Clausen isn't the answer; Moore is another backup trying to play starter but is in over his head. I also think Rip Scherer had a LOT to do with our QB situation over the last few seasons. He's by FAR the worst QB coach in the league - or was, since he's not in the league anymore.

I mean, it's one thing to not help to improve the QB's you coach, but to actually harm their careers? Jake was fine until Scherer got a hold of him; I fear Clausen may have already been ruined by him.

I also think Rip Scherer had a LOT to do with our QB situation over the last few seasons. He's by FAR the worst QB coach in the league - or was, since he's not in the league anymore.

I mean, it's one thing to not help to improve the QB's you coach, but to actually harm their careers? Jake was fine until Scherer got a hold of him; I fear Clausen may have already been ruined by him.

+Rep

But, that is also why I think that we should still hold off and give both Moore and Clausen another chance. Scherer was a QB plague. Now that he is gone, we may find that one or both of them are good QBs.

If just amazes me that people keep blaming the coaches for not developing a late round or undrafted QB.

I seriously doubt that any coaching staff in the country could have gotten more out of Jake Delhomme than the Panthers did.

If you want to develop a young QB though, the guy has to have some talent, or you're just wasting your time.

During the Fox era only Clausen, Carr and Testeverde have losing records as starting QBs for Carolina.

an 82 yr old man and two QBs who play with the same scared little girl mindset.

The other 3 starting QBs didn't have losing records under Fox (Peete, Delhomme, Moore). That is actually pretty impressive, shows the system Fox ran actually made life pretty easy on QBs pendnig they were utter garbage. It wasn't Clausen's cast that made him bad.....and Matt Moore having 4 bad quarters isn't a statement that a supporting cast sucks.

If just amazes me that people keep blaming the coaches for not developing a late round or undrafted QB.

I seriously doubt that any coaching staff in the country could have gotten more out of Jake Delhomme than the Panthers did.

If you want to develop a young QB though, the guy has to have some talent, or you're just wasting your time.

Doesn't make any sense. Delhomme did not have much talent, but had the intangibles, he didn't require much coaching. Getting most out of Jake had more to do with Jake than the coaching. Developing a rookie and Jake is incredibly different. The panther coaching staff have never been able to develop a rookie QB, no matter what round to even acceptable levels. When they started trying to coach Delhomme is when he started to get bad, they wanted to get technical. Just goes to prove Jake was the reason we got a lot out of him not coaching or any kind of development that would compare to a rookie QB. Many organizations have had much more success even if it was the slightest bit. The fact is this organization has a poo record in dealing with rookie QBs, raw development.

New coaching staff though, let's hope this can change.

Archived