• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did anyone listen to Hurney tonight on the Pulse?

ncmonzta

general stuff. if he had to make the pick tommorow they could and feel good about it, but things are still subject to change. they will have their meeting with the college scouts tommorow and bring all the information they've learned on prospects together. asked about other players not being named cam newton being the safer choice like dareus and peterson. said something like both can be impact players at their postion, hopes the player they draft will be the most impactful player they could get for the team. brian murphy was on the phone and talked about the impact of the kickoff rule change and that having a premier KR might be even more important. Hancock didn't really pressure Hurney to tell him who they were going to pick but he did ask sort of in jest..probably more but i'm paraphrasing from memory. Some stuff about how Cam's interviews went but if I remember he danced around that question too.

general stuff. if he had to make the pick tommorow they could and feel good about it, but things are still subject to change. they will have their meeting with the college scouts tommorow and bring all the information they've learned on prospects together. asked about other players not being named cam newton being the safer choice like dareus and peterson. said something like both can be impact players at their postion, hopes the player they draft will be the most impactful player they could get for the team. brian murphy was on the phone and talked about the impact of the kickoff rule change and that having a premier KR might be even more important. Hancock didn't really pressure Hurney to tell him who they were going to pick but he did ask sort of in jest..probably more but i'm paraphrasing from memory. Some stuff about how Cam's interviews went but if I remember he danced around that question too.

maybe im just reading into this 2 much but impact at there position and fell good about it...seems like newton 2 me..

I do think you can infer that he kind of let the questions about PP and Dareus roll off his back and then said they hope the player we get will have the most impact on the team at his position...

Sounds like PP and Dareus aren't the pick. I've always said that PP is probably the safest bet out of all the guys being talked about - you can plug him in immediately and he's gonna be a Champ Bailey type of guy IMO. But, that isn't going to win you games by itself. Especially when we already have talent at pretty much every position on defense, with DT being the weakest. But, same thing, Dareus isn't going to win games with his performance alone, and that's what we need with the #1 pick.

I'm thinking Green or Newton. I hope Newton.

Archived