• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

100% Clueless

chknwing

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2011/04/steve-smith-still-looking-for-a-buyer.html

From that article he states this

"Some have pointed to the Panthers' visit with Georgia WR A.J. Green as a smokescreen to cover their interest in Cam Newton."

Seriously? Carolina has gone out of their way to show they have interest in Cam Newton, Green is not a smoke screen. LMFAO.

Ok, I really need to know why would we need a "smokescreen", we got first pick locked in provided there will be a season.

Fug 'em, let the other teams guess or go into it brazen ballsy with the "we got first pick, if you want it, it will cost you dearly."

He's not saying "this is true". All he is saying is "some people have said this".

One thing I've discovered lately is that a load of people on this forum don't seem to know the difference between those two things.

the point is, who (outside the Huddle) has seriously suggested that us looking at AJ Green is a smokescreen? what is the point in even mentioning it? I just don't get it.

the point is, who (outside the Huddle) has seriously suggested that us looking at AJ Green is a smokescreen? what is the point in even mentioning it? I just don't get it.

I think I did see it somewhere else, but I don't remember where (and I'm not interested enough to look it up, honestly) :lol:

I think I did see it somewhere else, but I don't remember where (and I'm not interested enough to look it up, honestly) :lol:

Well, in that case, I take it back... The only thing I'd seen like that was stupid comments on forums and on news posts.

Hence my Huddle comment.

Yeah...the fact that so many of you don't get it is really disturbing....

ANY PLAYER WORTH TRADING TO OBTAIN THE #1 PICK TO ANY OF THE OTHER 31 TEAMS IS OF INTEREST TO THE PANTHERS. WHY? BECAUSE IT'S A SMOKESCREEN TO ENTICE A TRADE!

Why can't you idiots get this through your feeble minds?

Furthermore....for you idiots that still don't get it...

THE PANTHERS WANT TO TRADE OUT OF THE #1 PICK. THAT IS THEIR BEST OPTION, BUT IF THEY CAN'T THEN THEY MUST KNOW ALL THE DETAILS OF THE TOP 5 PICKS SO THEY CAN MAKE A SELECTION.

That is all. Smokescreen lesson #132589 over.

Archived