• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

JaMarcus gets fired again

Boltergeist

This guy is just... wow. I can't understand how people compare Cam Newton to him or anyone to him for that matter. Russell is clearly in a class of his own in terms of being not only a bust, but a first class lazy bum with no drive or motivation.

I just don't understand how someone can be given that kind of opportunity and just not even bother to try to take advantage of it.

What's really a tragedy in cases like this, is I am reminded of a guy in high school named Salim. He was one hell of a football player. Great CB, and probably the best kick returner on the East Coast. And above that, he loved the game, and was one of the hardest workers in practice.

Trouble was, he was 5'4" and got no offers to DI schools. And I kept tabs on his football career in the news. He went to a DII school. And every year I looked for his stats, which were off the charts, especially in returning kicks. But after I graduated college, and I assume he graduated, I haven't heard a thing about him.

I used to feel guilty that I played no sports because I just imagined Salim must have seen me in the halls and thought, "Man, if I had only been built like that guy I could have made it to DI and maybe the NFL! He's wasting that body!"

And that's what I think about guys like Russell. They have all the talent, all the ability, and all the opportunities in the world, but throw away their gifts when guys like Salim who loved the game and worked hard every day of their life never get a chance, and would kill to have a chance at the NFL.

There was a kid named Darrick Wiley who a promising college football prospect, but he had some mental illness issues and reportedly tried to cut off his own penis with hedge clippers. Naturally, NFL teams stayed away from him after that incident.

Sad as JaMarcus story is, I'd have to say that one was worse :eek:

Archived