• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mallett's QB Camp with Gruden a Flop?

mav1234

I've always thought Mallett was the one taking the brunt of the public scorn and criticism, though I don't know enough about the situation to say if it was fair or unfair.

LOL sorry but most of what Mallett got he caused himself.

I love how people say "Mallett is misunderstood and the Media scorns him".

Yet when the same thing happens to Newton its "oh that guys a bad seed right there, cant trust that guy".

Im sure someone will call me a hugger for pointing out the obvious though.

Yet when the same thing happens to Newton its "oh that guys a bad seed right there, cant trust that guy".

Right or wrong, the difference is that Cam has multiple documented incidents. Mallett's only documented incidents are the drinking ticket and this "incident." When people launch attacks on Cam's character, they are usually referring to the laptop incident, the pay for play, the disobeying the coach or the traffic tickets. When people launch attacks on Mallett, it is usually about his rumored love for skiing. :rolleyes:

Never said he was misunderstood. To me, the guy seems like a cocky douche, but I don't know him personally so I could be very wrong (after all, I don't get the same super awesome fun time vibe from Newton most people around here get, so I admit I may not be good at reading people). What I did say is that he is taking the brunt of serious criticism about non-field issues imho, and a lot of it seems to be based off of rumor and not documentation.

So I guess your ok with Big Ben raping girls, because he wins right?

You are ok with immoral behavior, as long as they win. Nice.

If Manning would have sat on your wifes or daughters face would you still have no problem with it? You already have said you're not concerned with it being another person, so does it change now?

You are way off base on this post IMO. Forgiving a guys youthful indescretions so long as he produces isn't the same as ignoring the actions of a grown man that continuosly exhibits that he has no morals.

I think you may have me confused with someone who actually wants to draft Cam Newton, but...

If Cam actually said that the reason his combine looked so bad was due to the receivers he was throwing to, that would surely raise a red flag to me... a totally different kind, but a red flag none the less.

I don't think highly of how a player does at the combine, but if he did say that it is interesting. Since I already think we should pass on a QB at #1 overall, though, it doesn't much change my stance on the QBs in this draft.

Nope, don't care who you want to draft. I was just relating character issues between Newton to Mallet, becasue many people do not look at their character risks as being the same in nature, but it looks like you do in this regard. Still unsure if I can conclude who is worse, but like I said many people automatically say Mallet is worse.

Right or wrong, the difference is that Cam has multiple documented incidents. Mallett's only documented incidents are the drinking ticket and this "incident." When people launch attacks on Cam's character, they are usually referring to the laptop incident, the pay for play, the disobeying the coach or the traffic tickets. When people launch attacks on Mallett, it is usually about his rumored love for skiing. :rolleyes:

Its so funny cause your comparing someone who excepted stolen good and got a speeding ticket to a person who has been confirmed to be a Drug addict and has been arrested for that very reason. :rolleyes:

Never said he was misunderstood. To me, the guy seems like a cocky douche, but I don't know him personally so I could be very wrong (after all, I don't get the same super awesome fun time vibe from Newton most people around here get, so I admit I may not be good at reading people). What I did say is that he is taking the brunt of serious criticism about non-field issues imho, and a lot of it seems to be based off of rumor and not documentation.

I just dont see that. Mallett was never see that high of a prospect anyway and his stock has more or less stayed the same. Where Newton was taking a beating to start with and raised his stock with the interviews at the combine.

Both are cocky in there own way. What concerns me though is Malletts lack of athletic ability and his overall lack of accountability. He also does not seem to care to much about the game as well.

You are way off base on this post IMO. Forgiving a guys youthful indescretions so long as he produces isn't the same as ignoring the actions of a grown man that continuosly exhibits that he has no morals.

You realize you just describe Peyton Manning sitting on a womans face with his bare ass as "youthful indiscretions"? Would you be ok if it was your wife? Would you describe it the same way?

Its so funny cause your comparing someone who excepted stolen good and got a speeding ticket to a person who has been confirmed to be a Drug addict and has been arrested for that very reason.

Maybe I missed it, but when was he arrested for being a confirmed drug addict?

Sources please.

So I guess your ok with Big Ben raping girls, because he wins right?

Do you you have some gene in your body that prevents you from making a reasonable comparison? Your post makes even less sense than the last one.

First you tried comparing Mallet to Manning when there isn't a single common factor between either of them. You think people are hypocrites because they're skeptical of a rookie's issues vs. not only an NFL QB, but a hall of famer?

Now you're equating an ass on the head to rape? Really?

You are ok with immoral behavior, as long as they win. Nice.

Well your definition of immoral is pretty broad. If you consider Manning's offense on par with Rothlisburger's then we're so far apart then there is no reason to even discuss things further.

Smitty punching people was immoral as were Jarrett's DUI's. One of them got cut, I wonder why?

If Manning would have sat on your wifes or daughters face would you still have no problem with it? You already have said you're not concerned with it being another person, so does it change now?

How we got from the concerns about Mallet's character affecting his play on the field to hypothetical scenario's about Peyton Manning sticking his ass on my daughter's/wife's face I don't know. This is miles off topic.

The original theme of the topic was about how their off field issues would affect their on field performance. So no matter who's face it is I wouldn't be concerned about it affecting his play on the field.

As for how I would feel about it if it were one of my family members that should be pretty obvious.

Well since you want to run brush off Mannings character issues he had in college, but be really concerned with Malletts, your rather simplistic reply is pretty easy to answer.

Mallett played like an absolute stud. He had a better td-int ration then Manning did. His so called "cocaine use" has never been proven, and if he did have one, it certainly didn't effect him. Stats don't lie.

Also if you don't think Manning would have been charged with sexual assault for what he did, you don't know the law. It didn't go to court because they paid her a boat load of cash. So go ahead and say it's not even comparable to what Big Ben did.

Its so funny cause your comparing someone who excepted stolen good and got a speeding ticket to a person who has been confirmed to be a Drug addict and has been arrested for that very reason. :rolleyes:

Maybe I missed it, but when was he arrested for being a confirmed drug addict?

Sources please.

LMFAO :rofl:

free reading comprehension worksheets

This source should help you understand.

Then explain how I am misunderstanding what you posted about him being a confirmed drug addict. He was arrested for being drunk in public, nothing to do with drugs.

Help me understand. Explain yourself without some smarmy comment about reading comprehension.

And by the way, the word is "accepted" not "excepted".

Archived