• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Need a new mattress

teeray

Maybe in Canada.

But down where we get to see the sun sometimes, one night of sweat will have that memory foam pad smelling like some stuff Saints fans eat.

Do you sleep outside, or without air conditioning? :)

Have a cover and a sheet that goes over the memory foam pad, so thats never been much of a problem. Memory foam pad is nearly as good as the Tempurpedic, and a lot cheaper.

Do you sleep outside, or without air conditioning? :)

Have a cover and a sheet that goes over the memory foam pad, so thats never been much of a problem. Memory foam pad is nearly as good as the Tempurpedic, and a lot cheaper.

I sleep like a vampire... the colder the better.

But if you live in NC where power lines aren't buried, you're gonna have several nights of no electricity a year.

My bias against memory foam mainly comes from my last tour in Iraq. I made the mistake of taking a memory foam pillow with me. It lasted a week maybe.

I don't know how much the tempurpedic is, but I suggested latex beds. They are on the pricey side (paid just under $2500 for mine - a relatively cheap one) but it is worth every penny. Sleeping on anything else is nearly impossible now.

But if you live in NC where power lines aren't buried, you're gonna have several nights of no electricity a year.

My bias against memory foam mainly comes from my last tour in Iraq. I made the mistake of taking a memory foam pillow with me. It lasted a week maybe.

I don't know how much the tempurpedic is, but I suggested latex beds. They are on the pricey side (paid just under $2500 for mine - a relatively cheap one) but it is worth every penny. Sleeping on anything else is nearly impossible now.

I have to have it as cold as possible too. Why is that? It could be 30 degress in the house and I wouldn't care.

A latex bed? Never heard of that. What's the benefit?

And I sleep in latex pajamas so how would the two mix?

Just don't ask about a sofa.

Funny - I just got a new mattress, moved my old one to my guest room, and have an unused one in the guest room needing to be picked up. I'm not kidding.

FTR - I got the Serta Pisces super-pillow-top. I can barely get up into it and back out of it because it's so thick!

have you considered getting a memory foam to throw on top of your existing mattress? better than new for a fraction of the cost.

Yeah, this is a good idea. Wish I'd have thought of it before dropping almost $2k on a new one.

However, I LOVE my new mattress and tried about everything possible beforehand. I just would have put that money to different use for another year.

Iraq is a little different from NC. I guess its different in different areas, but I don't remember the power ever going out for more than a few hours, unless its an ice storm (and then I ain't worried about cold to much :)).

We bought a four inch pad from Sam's Club, and its worked very well for us. But I would like to get a memory foam mattress eventually.

A latex bed? Never heard of that. What's the benefit?

And I sleep in latex pajamas so how would the two mix?

Well, the biggest disadvantage is that they're much heavier than normal mattresses.

I think my bed is the most comfortable bed I've ever been on. They are very hypoallergenic and supposedly last beyond 30 years without starting to sag. They also keep you cool at night.

Archived