• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jerry Rice: Accuracy, not race, the issue with Cam Newton

mav1234

Let's turn this in a different direction.

Let's pretend Jerry Rice had said nothing about race and instead had said, "Cam Newton has accuracy issues."

Would you accuse him of racial bias? Racism? Or just say he didn't know what he was talking about?

ok, I hate threads like this, I really do, but let's get something straight:

Accuracy in a spread offense and Accuracy in a pro style, drop back offense are completely different. it is much easier for you to see the field and make your completions when you are in shotgun. it is much harder to make completions while you are taking 3, 5, and 7 step drops in rhythm while your field vision is limited due to how close you are to the line of scrimmage. that is Rice's concern with Newton and his accuracy. he has shown that his accuracy has taken a bit of a hit since he has been working from under center. this is not only a question about newton, but all spread QBs. Can they make the transition and be accurate while they do it? the good news is, that this concern is very fixable with repetition and good coaching.

I hate race threads, I hate them, they bring the worst out of everyone. someone inevitably gets butt hurt over something stupid and then everyone bitches at each other.

Let's turn this in a different direction.

Let's pretend Jerry Rice had said nothing about race and instead had said, "Cam Newton has accuracy issues."

Would you accuse him of racial bias? Racism? Or just say he didn't know what he was talking about?

Nope, the excuse would be: he never played the QB position, what does he know about accuracy?

No. He doesn't. You, as well as everyone else on the Newton hate-train, have NEVER conclusively proven this.

Never.

You just have to watch football games.

I would show you, but the only thing you see is Cam's belly button getting closer to your face, then further from your face, closer to your face, further from your face, closer to your face, further from your face, closer to your face, further from your face, ..

I would disagree because Cam Newton's accuracy wasn't an issue at Auburn not perfect but not a major issue like you would think hearing some talk.

At Auburn he threw a good % of his passes behind the LOS or to guys streaking down the field open.

I could look accurate doing that

You just have to watch football games.

I would show you, but the only thing you see is Cam's belly button getting closer to your face, then further from your face, closer to your face, further from your face, closer to your face, further from your face, closer to your face, further from your face, ..

And all you see is a "OMG I READ THAT HE STOLE A LAPTOP, BAD PERSON! BAD PERSON = QB... BAD ACCURACCY... RARARRRRR!"

At Auburn he threw a good % of his passes behind the LOS or to guys streaking down the field open.

Then go video tape yourself doing that in a live game where people are trying to intercept you or stop you from doing it, and you might have a point.

So it was easy? I'm sure anyone could have QB that Auburn team and took them to them to the national championship. Matter of fact do you have any eligibility left?

Archived