• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we Pick Cam Newton Will You...

ncmonzta

it probably isn't intentional..just their past tendencies to avoid a high draft pick on QB have led to crappy predicament we are in now..they can't think that if they keep doing what they've been doing we will be a consistent winner every year.

Let me see: Brees, Cutler, Cassel and Vick lead their teams to the playoffs and were not first round picks by those teams. So the point that you have to draft a franchise QB to get anywhere isn't exactly foolproof. Not to mention the Cards, Raiders (cut Russell), 49er's, Lions and Titans (VY fiasco) missing the playoffs because, in part, of their so-called franchise QBs.

The other thread, it was all but 2 people lol and they wanted excitement, keep trying

You're missing the point...

70 responses in two days... 40 responses in several days...

This does not equate to EVERYONE.

I didn't vote in your thread, cause it's a setup for Cam bashing, and I didn't care to invest in your tirades. I'm sure a ton of people didn't. (hell, there's 39 here who voted happy for Cam that makes up the difference).

Everyone =/= Some.

If we draft Newton I will hope the same thing I did last year. I hope the starter plays well and the offense is energized. I would like that to be Moore or Clausen. If Newton is starting, we are losing and the veterans have sucked ass. Not a good situation for anyone to come into.

He has great physical skills but doesn't know the offense. If the CBA gets done by June 1st, he will have to chance to contribute with a package or two. If not we will be into the season while he plays catch-up. I can't see him starting anytime soon. But certainly within a year.

Also, hilarious that a reason for not drafting Cam is "he'll set back our franchise for 1o years and cost Hurney and Rivera their jobs..."

Guess what dipsh*ts, drafting a bust at DT isn't going to help bump up the W column either. The lack of logic here isn't surprising though... But, that's right, we're all "victims of the hype" for wanting our team to actually finally take a chance at getting it right at the QB position.

Meanwhile, you self-proclaimed football gurus can continue to hope for a magic QB to wash up on the shore of your free agent and late round draft pick island. Good luck.

You realize you just used the words "taking a chance" and "getting it right" in the sentence.

If you REALLY want to get it right, you don't take chances.

So I guess in life you sit around and wait for things to come to you instead of going out and getting it by "taking chances."

Same principle. Also, breaking news - Every team taking a player in the 1st round is "taking a chance."

Yes, I know what I said, and I meant it.

LOL the old "Everyone is a project" "Everyone is a risk" "Everyone is a chance" argument huh?

And why did you have to call everyone dipsh*ts? Seemed a little unnecessary no?

You can't have it both ways TRD... You know I'm right. Tell me about this guy named Ryan Sims, maybe you've heard of him. Safe pick, DT, how'd that turn out?

Tell me about WRs taken in the first round over the last 10 years or so and their success rate.

Matter of fact, go through every position taken in the first round over 10 years and tell me how many of them stuck and were somewhat successful as players.

I'm willing to bet the amount of players that actually stick with their original team after their rookie contract and were successful is somewhere around 50-60%, maybe a little higher. Even if it was up around 75%, that means there is a 25% chance that a team drafts a "higher floor, lower ceiling" player like Dareus, when often times, this is a nice way of saying the player's ceiling and floor are one in the same. So the risk of taking a bust vs. getting an impact player is very real, and idk why you would try to downplay it. You know it is... And this isn't an argument for Cam, it's the truth regardless of who we're taking or not taking. It's mediocrity.

And no, dipsh*ts isn't unnecessary, it's what I feel. I've been attacked for being a "Cam Fan," because I want our team to draft a QB for once in the first round and finally address the QB position by making a legitimate investment, only to be attacked by the "more defense, less wins rulez!" club. So, I'm fine with referring to that crowd as dipsh*ts, but I was mainly referring to the ones who said they would find another team.

Again, we've been doing the same thing for how many years now? And what have the results been? Time to try something different.

I don't care if they drafted Santa Claus as long as he excels at the position he was drafted for. Even if ol' Saint Nick flopped I'm still a fan of this team, just would want him gone.

Santa Claus at the DT position? Make it happen Hurney. :D

Archived