• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who else is on the fence, unsure, or have wavered about who we should draft?

theyhateme45

I've been in the Peterson camp for a while now, but I've come around to Dareus as option 1B. I think Green is great also, but wonder about taking another WR after last year's draft. If they know SMitty is on the way out, then fine.

I think they are leaning towards AJ Green tbh. Hurney knows Steve Smith wants out.. and we need a #1 guy there if Smitty goes. Dareus and Peterson is in the mix.. and as much as I would like us to take Gabbert.. I don't think our FO is high on either QB. So in my completely unbiased opinion.. I think it's down to those 3 guys.. Dareus/Peterson/Green.

I agree, and I think Green would be a mistake if we do not trade down. Peterson? Well, if you don't take a QB to counter the other QBs, then take a CB to counter Freeman, Brees, and Ryan. Dareus is my choice, but I understand if they pass because DT is pretty deep in the draft.

After Green, the #1 WRs are questionable. Maybe he is the safest pick considering Smith wants out (even if he doesn't, his age and size seem to necessitate a move to slot)/

My biggest preference is to trade down in the top 5 or 6 and take whoever's left of Newton, Gabbert, Dareus, Green, Peterson, Miller. If we traded down and got a 2nd round pick (or a 1st next year) and any of those 5 players, I don't care which, I'd be happy.

The best case scenario would be to trade back and pick up a 2nd, and potentially a 1st next year. (depending on how desperate a team is, hoping it's the Bengals)

If we trade back and Dareus somehow make it past Denver, this draft could be very special for us.

I don't have a large preference. I'd probably take Dareus but I support whoever we take since I trust Hurney and Rivera to make the right choice be it him, Peterson, Cam, Green, or someone else. I'm not going to be mad at the pick in any case, but I'm sure that doesn't apply to many users on this forum. ;)

Archived