• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clausen stopped listening to coaches

Sword

Since people always seem to question me when I bring this up, I found a place where it's quoted from his chat.

http://www.derp/2011/3/31/2083769/independent-scout-mike-giddings-and-advisor-to-the-panthers

And this was then supported by Michael Lombardi of the NFL network from a ‘source inside the organization’.

Gantt said exacty “It didn’t help that he (Clausen) stopped listening to the coaches” I asked him to clarify and he said “It’s safe to say he didn’t think they were giving him good instruction”.

Sure, Hurney may have picked Clausen, but Clausen also chose to ignore Hurney’s coaches.

So there.

John Fox's system is basically designed for a fairly average QB to do pretty well.

It is why Jake and Matt Moore have winning records under Fox.

Maybe Jimmy tuning out is why he never improved and regressed. I don't think much of Fox or Davidson......but Clausen flat out stunk. If he quit on the coaches......then it might be no real shock why players keep talking about the qb position so much.

Rip was/is a terrible QB coach! And Davidson? hahahahaha!

Pickles might be smarter than we thought.

Ok lets see, in college he had a guy that is considered one of the better QB coaches/ OC's in the NFL. Then he comes here he has a buttclown that is dumber than most Highschool coaches. Unfortunately for Fox and Davidson he already knew what good coaching looked and sounded like and they weren't it.

I gotta wonder, how many times you think he called his old ball coach up and said 'this is what they are saying' and Weis said 'don't' sweat it, Fox is done in a year ignore their asses'.

The coaches quit on the team before the season started. They knew they would not be here after the season. They didn't care if Clausen got better or not.

But whatever, tired of talking about it, so carry on with the Clasuen hate thread part 1,367,581.

Archived