• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Got Some More Info Tonight

And please do not get me wrong, Newton will not be forced to start. If he comes out and is clearly inexperienced and just looks lost out there they will not throw him out there.

Bad thing about that is if he's not ready, we're f**ked. If we have to rely on Moore, Clausen, Collins, or Sorgi, we're not going to be much offensively again.

I hate Marshall, I think he is the main reason Godfrey looks so bad because he is trying to compensate or make up for Marshall. He is a good tackler and thats all, it is time for him to go.

I do not think we will be super bowl contenders next year and will have a high pick to get a number 1 receiver to replace Smith. I like Gettis and LaFell but do not think either is a number 1. Then you hope that Barnidge and Rosario continue to develop and this offense is dangerous.

I also think we are one playmaker away on defense, defensive line actually away from being a great D. We are on our way.

Bad thing about that is if he's not ready, we're f**ked. If we have to rely on Moore, Clausen, Collins, or Sorgi, we're not going to be much offensively again.

That's definitely NOT true! Different coaching staff, different football philosophy, different team.

So we are going to throw a boat load of players at RG again? I am concerned about the T spots. Who is behind Gross? Otah (if not Ziemba or Schwartz)?

About Marshall--he could be better in this system, but I hated him too.

Is there any plan to look at Pugh at CB?

Great Info NJ,...I think Coach Ron at least gives us hope for the future, and the promise of being competitive this year (IMHO 7-9 0r 8-8). No, Cam may not be squeaky clean, or a rocket surgeon, but then again Big Ben up in Pitt. is not exactly mensa material or qualifies for sainthood. With proper coaching ( which I'm sure Cam will have) I expect, fun exciting times ahead!:)

So we are going to throw a boat load of players at RG again? I am concerned about the T spots. Who is behind Gross? Otah (if not Ziemba or Schwartz)?

About Marshall--he could be better in this system, but I hated him too.

Is there any plan to look at Pugh at CB?

I do not know about Pugh, I could ask about that. But Ziemba and Schwartz will back up at tackle if Ziemba works out. If either of them win the RG position there is so much flexibility with the players on the line they can mix and match people. Schwartz can move back outside and Bernadeau can go inside or Wharton can go outside.

Great info NJ. Thanks, really.

I do disagree with you though on your assessment of Gettis and LaFell. Now that they added Kealoha Pilares I really like the future of the WR group. I might be reaching too early but Gettis/LaFell/Pilares reminds me of another great Coryell offense WR core in Holt/Bruce/Proehl with the Rams. Yeah, comparing them to the greatest show on truf is out there but that's who they remind me of.

Archived