• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Auburn coach tries to set record straight on Cam Newton

SCP

Didn't see this one posted. Gus Malzahn interview.

Q: I assume you would have taken him No. 1

A: "In my opinion, it’s like passing over (Michael) Jordan."

Q: Does he compare to any quarterback you’ve coached or scouted?

A: "Nobody. Nobody. I hear people compare him ... Naw. They don’t know. They don’t know what I know. "

Q: What’s that?

A: "That he’s not like anybody else."

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/other_nfl/view/20110511auburn_coach_tries_to_set_record_straight_on_cam_newton/srvc=sports&position=also

Good article and good read. It is going to be fun seeing how this story plays out. One thing I do agree with is this from the article.

....But if you really look at the pro game, it looks to me like about 50 percent of the time most teams are in a shotgun. So I think that’s fairly overrated to be honest with you."

Aint that the truth!!

I am in the process of fabricating a Cam Newton spot light to shine into the night sky on Saturday night before games.

No offense but shouldn't we all wait until he actually does something for the Panthers? I just kind of see him as a talented kid who played QB at Auburn.

No offense but shouldn't we all wait until he actually does something for the Panthers? I just kind of see him as a talented kid who played QB at Auburn.

Wait? Do you have any idea how long it takes to fabricate a super hero spot light from scratch?

A bit off topic, but I think a lot of people sell Gus Malzahn and his offense short as well.

He is a very innovative guy, including his communication system. Malzahn is going to be a hot candidate soon for head coach somewhere at the college level.

Archived