• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFT: 'Cats the darkhorse team to move L.A.? LMFAO!

As Kevin Garnett said "Anything is possible!!!!"

But I am not buying it. Even if this got to the point of being a serious threat Charlotte was hit hard in the 2008 economic crisis and still hasn't fully recovered. Right now they still have unemployment of around 10%.

If it came to a point where this was a serious possibility I would fully expect that the NCGA to step in and try to provide as many incentives to stay in NC as possible as well as the local governments (new stadium??).

NC has always been a very business friendly state and government. Just last year they made changes for the movie industry to ensure that NC was more attractive than other states to film movie and television here and they would be even more inclined to provide incentives to keep jobs that are directly dependent on the Panthers alive in Charlotte.

Plus the the Speaker of the House at the NCGA is from Mecklenburg County as well as about 10% of the governing body so it would have a lot of support.

Anything could happen but it won't without a fight from the local governments IMO.

if the Panthers do really have a budding star in Cam Newton, LA would be an interesting market for him to develop him, but I personally hope he stays in Charlotte.

Makes you wonder... would Kobe have been Kobe in Charlotte? ;)

Us folk don't take to kindly to rapists down here. *spits tobacco*

And Murderers, grand theft auto, gangs, and a corrupt Government which has the highest debt in the Country.

Yes, beautiful California.

if the Panthers do really have a budding star in Cam Newton, LA would be an interesting market for him to develop him, but I personally hope he stays in Charlotte.

I hope so. I would hate to think that the town makes the superstar.

If it did, you folks um, I mean, you people got a lot of 'splaining to do in regards to Clausen. :D

Yeah, you read it right, I typed you people.....

Is Kevin Durant Kevin Durant in OKC?? :)

And Murderers, grand theft auto, gangs, and a corrupt Government which has the highest debt in the Country.

Yes, beautiful California.

Haha you really should stop watching movies man. LA isn't the only place in the world where murders happen.

I bet you were sheltered as a child, no?

Archived