• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

wow the press got pissy after being locked out! lol

rayzor

I sent this as a question to him in the ask Michael Silver...not a question but it will get to him.

Michael, You are taking this media lockout(at the Panthers workout) a little too personal. As a team that just overhauled their defensive and offensive coaches I feel that the Panther players are taking this very seriously and want productivity and focus.

As a fan yes, I would like to see them but I understand most have not even seen the new playbooks and terminology and it was made known that they will open up the workouts to media on a specific day.

I appreciate the planning, thought and focus that seems to be happening. 50 players showed up and with 28 free agents on the team that speaks volumes. Write about that and create a cohesive article when the media day is open.

A "raffle" to dunk Jon Beason in a pool of water is fan friendly but fans want wins! I do not want SIR PURR dancing around while they are explaining the new terminology and plays to vets and rookies. If any team has to be serious to right their ship: it is the Panthers(new coaching, scheme, uncertain free agent pool).

The elimination of public or media distractions for a few days is at minimum a sign the players will "right this ship" sooner than later. This lockout is affecting the media as well and I feel you just projected the frustration of this lockout on the Panthers and undeservingly so.

the thing is...he'll still write about them. many of them were saying silly things like "next time you players come looking for extra publicity i look forward to laughing" but the truth is they'll jump on it. they all will. they know that the panthers are going to be news..esp. with newton here.

now, the media might still be bitter for a while about getting locked out so they might not be favorable to what the team is doing, but if they want those interviews, which they will, they'll get back to kissing ass. guys like silver will keep on writing about them, even just to say they suck, but he'll come off looking like the douche he is and the panthers will have more attention. once they start winning a lot of games, they'll have that bandwagon filling up thanks in part to tirades like silver's.

So can anyone actually produce a fan that is upset about this?

i saw tweets from a couple fans (one who posts in here a lot) who called it a slap in the face of fans after enduring a 2-14 season.

meh....

some douche called in on the whiner line yesterday on wfnz and complained and said he was going to have a beer with Brees and become a Saints fan. He was immediately dismissed as a tool.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I would like to have had a little more info if I am being completely honest. But I do not control the access and neither does this douche. He needs to learn to live with it as I have. Fvcker was probably just looking for QB controversy to fling against the wall anyway.

Journalists don't snap. Hacks do. Fvck 'em.

what's better for fans...having a team that plays with the fans and allows them to dunk the players or having a team thats willing to isolate themselves for a time dedicated to improving as a team?

right now i'll take the latter.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I would like to have had a little more info if I am being completely honest. But I do not control the access and neither does this douche. He needs to learn to live with it as I have. Fvcker was probably just looking for QB controversy to fling against the wall anyway.

Journalists don't snap. Hacks do. Fvck 'em.

agreed.

Archived