• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More Pepper's speculation from SI

carolinaAl

found this on SI.

Given a franchise tag by the Panthers, defensive end Julius Peppers has expressed a desire to leave Carolina, ideally for a team that runs a 3-4 defense. A four-time Pro Bowl selection, Peppers has been linked to the Dolphins and Cardinals in possible trade scenarios.

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/gallery/featured/GAL1152559/9/10/index.htm

So has anybody heard any rumors about Miami or Arizona. What could they offer us that would make sense?

found this on SI.

Given a franchise tag by the Panthers, defensive end Julius Peppers has expressed a desire to leave Carolina, ideally for a team that runs a 3-4 defense. A four-time Pro Bowl selection, Peppers has been linked to the Dolphins and Cardinals in possible trade scenarios.

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/gallery/featured/GAL1152559/9/10/index.htm

So has anybody heard any rumors about Miami or Arizona. What could they offer us that would make sense?

Arizona could offer Boldin and a pick or two. Plus Peppers spends much of the offseason in Arizona and they are going to a 3-4.

I doubt the Tuna would be interested in Peppers. He hates guys with poor work ethics. Peppers is the one that said he wants to go to Miami.

Miami has the 25th pick. They also haven't resigned Andre Goodman. If we cut Lucas, Miami could package the pick and Goodman. But there's a lot of depth in the FA CB market, so I'm not sure we'd bite on that. Plus I'm beginning to think Lucas is going to be around for another year.

Although there has been lots of speculation about Miami as a possible destination for Peppers, I don't see Parcells giving up some high picks for Peppers when he's still trying to build a team. They singed Porter but shipped away some other veterans to acquire picks in recent years (Chambers, Taylor, McCown, etc.).

Arizona - that would hurt. Plus, they pick 31st. We should get better value than that.

Miami has the 25th pick. They also haven't resigned Andre Goodman. If we cut Lucas, Miami could package the pick and Goodman. But there's a lot of depth in the FA CB market, so I'm not sure we'd bite on that. Plus I'm beginning to think Lucas is going to be around for another year.

Although there has been lots of speculation about Miami as a possible destination for Peppers, I don't see Parcells giving up some high picks for Peppers when he's still trying to build a team. They singed Porter but shipped away some other veterans to acquire picks in recent years (Chambers, Taylor, McCown, etc.).

Arizona - that would hurt. Plus, they pick 31st. We should get better value than that.

The only scenarios I would trade Peppers to Arizona under are the following:

2009 and 2010 first round picks

2009 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

OR

I don't even want to talk about having Anquan Boldin. With Jake at the QB and Fox's conservative offense we will not score a lot of points anyways. We need to build defense...

I don't even want to talk about having Anquan Boldin. With Jake at the QB and Fox's conservative offense we will not score a lot of points anyways. We need to build defense...

Not that I want Anquan Boldin, but I just want to point out that we did score an awful lot of points last year regardless of the QB or Fox ;)

Fox and Davidson's "conservative" offense ranked 7th in the league in points scored and 5th in the league in yards per play. I think having Boldin here would help to improve upon those already impressive numbers.

2009 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

OR

You know it's not like we were dropping 30 points a game on people, don't be stupid, our offense is no longer conservative.

2009 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

OR

over the 16 games the panthers averaged 27 points per game.

Not that I want Anquan Boldin, but I just want to point out that we did score an awful lot of points last year regardless of the QB or Fox ;)

430 total

Archived