• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Umm Am I Missing Something?

chknwing

Would love to see Rivers as a Cat and maybe bring his dad in to coach.

I think the UNC guys were scared to turn pro so i question their heart.

t144979_What%20the%20fug%20am%20I%20reading.png

Thank you! Somebody has seen the light. He is the most NBA ready prospect at this time and has yet to play a college game! look at his highlights against John Wall #1 overall NBA pick!
lol, I dont know how you can judge he is the most NBA ready.

1. Harrison Barnes (North Carolina)

Parrish: Barnes would've been a top five pick in this draft and in the conversation for No. 1 overall. Yes, he struggled early last year on a big stage. But he finished strong and, by the end of the season, looked exactly like the one-and-done star most predicted he'd be ... except then he decided he didn't want to be a one-and-done star. So the updated prediction is that Barnes will be a two-and-done star and the first pick next June.

2. Anthony Davis (Kentucky)

Goodman: Obviously, Parrish must have been sleeping while Davis was blowing up last summer at Peach Jam. No disrespect to Barnes, whom I love as a player, but Davis' ceiling is ridiculous. There's not much he can't do -- and he's just begun to scratch the surface. He is a big man with perimeter skills -- but he can also get work done in the post -- on both ends of the floor. You just can't pass on a kid like this. But that's exactly what you did, and now I'm headed out to celebrate because I've got the next NBA star.

3. Jared Sullinger (Ohio State)

Parrish: All smart-aleck replies aside, you might be right about Davis. He certainly has star potential. If you don't mind, I'll reserve the right to switch next June. I acknowledge I might want and need to. Either way, I think the right two picks are off the board (in whatever order), and I'll take Sullinger third. He's undersized for his position. But he's smart and he's awesome and he'll figure it out. Some of the same knocks folks have on Sullinger as a pro are the ones they had on Kevin Love as a pro. And though I'm not suggesting Sullinger will be the next Love, what I am suggesting is that the knocks shouldn't be enough to outweigh all his negatives and push him past here.

4. Austin Rivers (Duke)

Goodman: Sully is a solid pick, but I am going with a stone-cold killer -- Doc Rivers' kid. The younger Rivers can score in every way, and he's got the swagger you need to be a star at the next level. Thus far, I feel like I'm taking candy from a baby. You need to step your game up quickly or I'm going to send you some diapers.

5. James McAdoo (North Carolina)

Parrish: You sure do talk a lot for a guy who spent last week projecting Josh Selby to go 17th to the Knicks. Regardless, I'll keep going and take a freshman from UNC who will come off the bench. Yes, the Tar Heels will have a top-five pick coming off the bench. That's among the many reasons they'll be almost everybody's preseason No. 1.

Harrison Barnes would make more sense to me because he projects to be a SF and that is a position more in need. Although Rivers isn't a pure shooter he will be a SG. He is more of a scorer than shooter. The purest shooter might be Brad Beal, some compare him to Ray Allen.

But if I were to decide today I'd go Harrison Barnes based purely off him being SF. Not saying he is miles ahead of Rivers just that I see Harrison adding more value to our team. We still have a long college season ahead of us.

Harrison Barnes would make more sense to me because he projects to be a SF and that is a position more in need. Although Rivers isn't a pure shooter he will be a SG. He is more of a scorer than shooter. The purest shooter might be Brad Beal, some compare him to Ray Allen.

But if I were to decide today I'd go Harrison Barnes based purely off him being SF. Not saying he is miles ahead of Rivers just that I see Harrison adding more value to our team. We still have a long college season ahead of us.

If we draft that high I don't care about positions.... Draft who you think could be a superstar in the league. If you think it's barnes, draft him... if rivers... draft him.

If we draft that high I don't care about positions.... Draft who you think could be a superstar in the league. If you think it's barnes, draft him... if rivers... draft him.

Agreed, and I don't think that decision is anywhere close to being made, but I still think Anthony Davis would be in the lead if the draft was tomorrow.

I am assuming no one is significantly better. If they are a toss up come next year's draft you have to go Barnes. If you were Bulls you wouldn't draft a PG of equal talent of say a SG. Same with us, we are going to want to fill a need. It makes more sense that way.

I am assuming no one is significantly better. If they are a toss up come next year's draft you have to go Barnes. If you were Bulls you wouldn't draft a PG of equal talent of say a SG. Same with us, we are going to want to fill a need. It makes more sense that way.

I think that's a bad comparison. The Bulls have a MVP and All Star point guard. We don't have any superstar or game changing player... therefor no position is off limits.

Example: When Durant came out if you felt he was the best player in the draft you draft him... Same with Rose, same with any other top player coming out. In the NBA you need talent. Draft the best young talent, then move pieces around to make them fit.

IF we have the number 1 pick next year I will say draft the best player regardless of position.

I believe that the trades we made were EXCELLENT they are setting up for the future! Cash to make a run at a CP3 or a D. Howard plus a guaranteed lottery pick in what might be the best draft since the 03 draft! MJ and Rich Cho are genius'!

I would have rather we had used the #7 pick on a guy who "might" actually have some form of an offensive game.

Biyombo better be a HOF defender....becasue he will never be an offensive threat.

He was a "huge" gamble and risk....one which I don't believe will come close to paying off.

Barnes or Rivers would be a great pick in my opinion. Next year's draft is loaded

Also Rivers can shoot the fuging lights out, his offense is incredibly potent. How he is defensively I have no clue, but you can't really knock on any of his offensive skills

like I said coming from a Heel, but I've watched enough Rivers videos to know this guy is the real deal. He does come off like a douche, but hey so does Kobe. Sometimes you need that extra confidence to be great

I think that's a bad comparison. The Bulls have a MVP and All Star point guard. We don't have any superstar or game changing player... therefor no position is off limits.

Example: When Durant came out if you felt he was the best player in the draft you draft him... Same with Rose, same with any other top player coming out. In the NBA you need talent. Draft the best young talent, then move pieces around to make them fit.

IF we have the number 1 pick next year I will say draft the best player regardless of position.

I am just making the comparison based on no one player being head and shoulders above the other. With Rose, he was considered one of the two best prospects along with Beasley. But since Bulls already had Deng they felt comfortable at that position. Kirk Hinrich wasn't getting it done for the Bulls. With Durant, he was seen to many as the best prospect in that draft. But Portland decide to draft Oden not wanting to pass on that rare big and Durant fell to Seattle (OKC).

That's just how I would do it. I have no idea why you'd stockpile on one position if you can only have 5 players on the court at one time. You need to make the most complete team and that requires filling out every position so that it best helps your team. Plus, I already said it it was a toss up then you have to go Barnes. I have nothing against Rivers it's just I'd rather get a SF in Barnes.

All I am saying is you should draft for need when there are 2 players on your board that are of similar status.

As far as Rivers is concerned, I am UF fan so I have been keeping tabs on Rivers for a while now. I've seen him play a bit on ESPNU with his Winter Park HS Team. He is very good with the ball in his hands, so he's not your typical SG who spots up. He can drive and finish very well.

Archived